Chinese Zodiac Signs 1540 Astrology Horoscope
Year 1540 Chinese Zodiac Sign is Rat
- Being born under the Chinese Zodiac Sign Rat people tend to be very charismatic and have great attraction towards the opposite sex. Rats make great leaders and are hardworking, but on the other side they cab be rather unpredictable.
Percectionism is likely to be found in a Rats behaviours. Such traits combined with big ambition usually lead them to a road of success. Bad behaviours to work on would be gossiping and having a big temper. Family and friends are of great importance in a Rats life. This is also shown in generous ways towards their loved ones. Loyalty towards people close to Rats is usually guaranteed.
- Astrology character and traits of Rat sign:
Charming, clever, courageous, enterprising, imaginative, generous, ambitious, successful, hard workers, critical and short tempered.
1540 Zodiac Sign Rat Compatibility
- Chinese Zodiac Signs are based upon a twelve year lunar cycle. Your zodiac animal sign is determined by your birthday year. If you were born in 1540 then your astrological sign is Rat. There are twelve animal signs. Each animal has it's own attributes and personality traits the Chinese believe comprise the nature of each particular animal.
- Best matches for Zodiac Sign Rat are: Ox, Dragon, Monkey
- Bad matches for Zodiac Sign Rat are: Horse, Rabbit, Rooster
Historical Events for the Year 1540
- 6th January Star Sign » King Henry VIII of England marries Anne of Cleves.
- 23rd March Star Sign » Waltham Abbey Church known as Waltham Abbey is surrendered to King Henry VIII of England; the last religious community to be closed during the Dissolution of the Monasteries.
- 9th July Star Sign » King Henry VIII of England annuls his marriage to his fourth wife, Anne of Cleves.
- 28th July Star Sign » Thomas Cromwell is executed at the order of Henry VIII of England on charges of treason. Henry marries his fifth wife, Catherine Howard, on the same day.
- 15th August Star Sign » Arequipa, Peru, is founded.
- 27th September Star Sign » The Society of Jesus (the Jesuits) receives its charter from Pope Paul III.
Famous Birthdays in 1540
- 24th January » Edmund Campion, English priest and martyr (d. 1581)
- 28th January » Ludolph van Ceulen, German-Dutch mathematician (d. 1610)
- 9th May » Maharana Pratap, Indian ruler (d. 1597)
- 3rd June » Charles II, Archduke of Austria (d. 1590)
- 11th June » Barnabe Googe, English poet (d. 1594)
- 5th August » Joseph Justus Scaliger, French philologist and historian (d. 1609)
- 5th September » Magnus, Duke of Holstein (d. 1583)
- 1st October » Johann Jakob Grynaeus, Swiss clergyman and theologian (d. 1617)
Famous Deaths in History for 1540
- 27th January » Angela Merici, Italian religious leader and saint (b. 1474)
- 30th March » Matthäus Lang von Wellenburg, German cardinal (b. 1469)
- 22nd May » Francesco Guicciardini, Italian historian and politician (b. 1483)
- 22nd July » John Zápolya, Hungarian king (b. 1487)
- 28th July » Thomas Cromwell, English lawyer and politician, Chancellor of the Exchequer (b. 1495)
- 30th July » Thomas Abel, English priest and martyr (b. 1497)
- 30th July » Robert Barnes (martyr) called Robert Barnes, English martyr and reformer (b. 1495)
- 23rd August » Guillaume Budé, French philosopher and scholar (b. 1467)
- 24th August » Parmigianino, Italian painter (b. 1503)
- 2nd September » Dawit II of Ethiopia (b. 1501)
- 5th October » Helius Eobanus Hessus, German poet (b. 1488)
Year 1540 Zodiac Signs and Birthstones by month