Zodiac Signs October 1958 Birthstone
October Birthstones Astrology
- The October Birthstones are the Tourmaline and Opal. Opals symbolizes faithfulness and confidence. The word Opal comes from the Latin opalus, meaning: precious jewel. Necklaces with opals set in them were worn to repel evil and to protect eyesight. Opal is called the traditional birthstone of October. Pink Tourmaline is considered the secondary birthstone for October.
October Zodiac Signs
- Month of October Zodiac Signs are Libra(until October 22) or Scorpio(October 23 onwards).
- Libra (September 23 - October 22) Libra tend to dislice big social gatherings and too much attention. Most of them tend to be introverts. Having a shy nature being too shy or quiet can sometimes work against their benefit. People born under this star sign tend to have great belief in justice. THis might also be why they are very trustworthy individuals.
Libra are compatible with: another Libra as well as Sagittarius, Leo, Taurus, Aquarius and Gemini.
- Scorpio (October 23 - November 21) Scorpio by nature like to take action instead of thinking things through in great lengths. They tend to be ambitious, bold, courageous, and self confident. Scorpio have a clear vision for their desires in life. Going after those goals feel liberating to them. Cool headedness helps Scorpio to achieve their desires.
Scorpio are compatible with: Capricorn, Pisces, Cancer and Virgo.
October Birth Flowers
- Birth flower Marigold or Calendula is the flower associated with October. For the Hindus, the month of October is associated with festivals like Dusshera and Diwali and Marigold, an auspicious flower is part of religious ceremonies. However, in the English culture, marigold stands for sorrow and sympathy. The other October flower is cosmo, a symbol of order, peace, and serenity.
- Warm, Fierce, undying love, or one way of saying that you are content with being with the recipient.October Birth Flower Marigold exemplify elegance and devotion.
Historical Events for October, 1958
- 1st » NASA is created to replace National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics named NACA.
- 2nd » Guinea declares its independence from France.
- 4th » French Fifth Republic named Fifth Republic of France is established.
- 7th » President of Pakistan Iskander Mirza, with the support of General Ayub Khan (Field Marshal) named Ayub Khan and the army, suspends the 1956 constitution, imposes martial law, and cancels the elections scheduled for January 1959.
- 7th » The U.S. manned space-flight project is renamed Project Mercury.
- 11th » Pioneer program: NASA launches the lunar probe Pioneer 1 (the probe falls back to Earth and burns up).
- 14th » The American U.S. Atomic Energy Commission named Atomic Energy Commission, with supporting military units, carries out an underground nuclear weapon test at the Nevada Test Site, just north of Las Vegas, Nevada.
- 23rd » Springhill Mining Disaster or The Springhill Mine Bump An underground earthquake traps 174 miners in the No. 2 colliery at Springhill, Nova Scotia called Springhill, Nova Scotia, the deepest coal mine in North America at the time. By November 1, rescuers
- 23rd » The Smurfs, a fictional race of blue dwarves, later popularized in a The Smurfs (1981 TV series) called Hanna-Barbera animated cartoon series, appear for the first time in the story 'La flute à six schtroumpfs', a 'Johan and Peewit' adventure by Peyo, whi
- 26th » Pan American World Airways or Pan American Airways makes the first commercial flight of the Boeing 707 from New York City to Paris, France.
- 28th » John XXIII is elected Pope.
Famous Birthdays on October in 1958
- 1st » Martin Cooper (musician) e.g Martin Cooper, English saxophonist, composer, and painter (Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark and Godot (band) named Godot)
- 1st » Masato Nakamura, Japanese bass player and producer (Dreams Come True (band) named Dreams Come True)
- 2nd » Robbie Nevil, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer
- 2nd » Wayne Toups, American singer-songwriter and accordion player
- 3rd » Louise Lecavalier, Canadian dancer and choreographer
- 4th » Anneka Rice, Welsh television host
- 5th » André Kuipers, Dutch physician and astronaut
- 5th » Neil Peart (footballer) or Neil Peart, Australian footballer
- 5th » Neil deGrasse Tyson, American astrophysicist, cosmologist, and author
- 8th » Steve Coll, American journalist and author
- 8th » Bret Lott, American author
- 8th » Ursula von der Leyen, Belgian-German physician and politician, Defense Minister of Germany
- 9th » Al Jourgensen, Cuban-American singer-songwriter and producer (Ministry (band) Ministry, Revolting Cocks, Lard (band) Lard, Acid Horse, and PTP (band) PTP)
- 9th » Michael Paré, American actor
- 9th » Mike Singletary, American football player and coach
- 10th » J. Eddie Peck, American actor
- 10th » Tanya Tucker, American singer-songwriter and guitarist
- 12th » Steve Austria, American politician
- 12th » Maria de Fátima Silva de Sequeira Dias, Portuguese historian, author, and academic (d. 2013)
- 12th » Bryn Merrick, Welsh bass player (The Damned (band) named The Damned)
- 13th » Maria Cantwell, American politician
- 13th » Derri Daugherty, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer (The Choir (alternative rock band) called The Choir and Lost Dogs)
- 13th » Jair-Rôhm Parker Wells, American bassist and composer
- 14th » Thomas Dolby, English singer-songwriter and producer
- 14th » Aino-Maija Luukkonen, Finnish politician
- 15th » Stephen Clarke (writer) named Stephen Clarke, English-French author
- 15th » Renée Jones, American actress
- 16th » Eleftheria Arvanitaki, Greek singer
- 16th » Tim Robbins, American actor, director, and screenwriter
- 17th » Alan Jackson, American singer-songwriter
- 18th » Corinne Bohrer, American actress
- 18th » Thomas Hearns, American boxer
- 18th » Kjell Samuelsson, Swedish ice hockey player and coach
- 19th » Lou Briel, Puerto Rican singer-songwriter, pianist, producer, and actor
- 19th » Tiriel Mora, Australian actor
- 19th » Michael Steele, American journalist and politician, 7th Lieutenant Governor of Maryland
- 20th » Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris or Valerie Faris, American director and producer
- 20th » Dave Finlay, Irish wrestler and agent
- 20th » Lynn Flewelling, American author
- 20th » Scott Hall (wrestler) called Scott Hall, American wrestler
- 20th » Mark King (musician) called Mark King, English singer-songwriter and bass player (Level 42 and Re-Flex)
- 20th » Dave Krieg, American football player
- 20th » Viggo Mortensen, American actor and producer
- 20th » Ivo Pogorelić, Croatian pianist
- 21st » Andre Geim, Russian-English physicist, Nobel Prize in Physics named Nobel Prize laureate
- 23rd » Michael Eric Dyson, American activist, academic, and author
- 23rd » Rose Nabinger, German singer
- 23rd » Hiroyuki Kinoshita, Japanese voice actor and actor
- 24th » Vincent K. Brooks, American general
- 24th » Chip Hooper, American tennis player and coach
- 25th » Phil Daniels, English actor and singer
- 25th » Kornelia Ender, German swimmer
- 27th » Lee Carter, American judge
- 27th » David Hazeltine, American pianist
- 27th » Simon Le Bon, English singer-songwriter (Duran Duran and Arcadia (band) e.g Arcadia)
- 27th » Felix Wurman, American cellist and composer (d. 2009)
- 28th » Concha García Campoy, Spanish journalist (d. 2013)
- 28th » Ashok Chavan, Indian businessman and politician, 16th Chief Minister of Maharashtra
- 28th » William Reid (musician) e.g William Reid, Scottish singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Jesus and Mary Chain)
- 29th » Blažej Baláž, Slovak painter, sculptor, and illustrator
- 29th » David Remnick, American journalist
- 30th » Joe Delaney, American football player (d. 1983)
- 30th » Stefan Dennis, Australian actor and singer
- 31st » Jeannie Longo, French cyclist
Famous Deaths for October 1958
- 1st » Robert Falk, Russian painter and educator (b. 1886)
- 4th » Ida Wüst, German actress and screenwriter (b. 1884)
- 8th » Ran Bosilek, Bulgarian author (b. 1886)
- 9th » Pope Pius XII (b. 1876)
- 12th » Gordon Griffith, American actor, director, and producer (b. 1907)
- 14th » Douglas Mawson, Australian geologist, academic, and explorer (b. 1882)
- 17th » Paul Outerbridge, American photographer (b. 1896)
- 17th » Charlie Townsend, English cricketer (b. 1876)
- 24th » G. E. Moore, English philosopher and educator (b. 1873)))
- 29th » Zoë Akins, American author, poet, and playwright (b. 1886)
Year 1958 Chinese Zodiac Signs and Astrology. Month of October Star Signs.
Year 1958 Zodiac Signs and Birthstones by month