Zodiac Signs June 1966 Birthstone
June Birthstones Astrology
- The June Birthstones are Pearl, Alexandrite and Moonstone. The Pearl has long been a symbol of purity. The ancient Greeks believed that pearls were the hardened tears of joy from Aphrodite, the goddess of love. Pearl is called the traditional birthstone of June. Moonstone is considered the secondary birthstone for June.
June Zodiac Signs
- Month of June Zodiac Signs are Gemini(until June 20) and Cancer(June 21 onwards).
- Gemini (May 20 - June 20) Geminis tend to be very unpredictable. Be always ready for a surprise from them. Being creative and open can result in Geminis changing their behaviour rather frequently. People born under this star sign are very adaptable to new situations or life changes. Add to this the positive nature towards life that Gemini possess.
Gemini are compatible with: other Gemini, Leo, Libra and Aquarius.
- Cancer (June 21 - July 22) Tradition tends to be very important int the lives of Cancers. Visit a cancer at home and you will find a fish in the water. Having a caring nature that extends towards other people, coupled with amazing patience usually is related to a Cancers work life choices.
Cancers are compatible with: Taurus, Leo, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn and Pisces.
June Birth Flowers
- Month of June flower is the Rose. Though roses are available in many colors from red to pink to white to yellow, all with their own special meanings, the underlying message the birth flowers convey is that of love and passion.
- Love and Appreciation, while other meanings depends on each colour. The June Birth Flower Rose has many meanings which can vary from Love, Passion, Beauty and Perfection. The meaning depends upon the colour. For example, Red says love and romance, White symbolizes innocence, purity, and remembrance.
Historical Events for June, 1966
- 2nd » Surveyor program: 'Surveyor 1' lands in Oceanus Procellarum on the Moon, becoming the first U.S. spacecraft to soft-land on another world.
- 8th » An F-104 Starfighter collides with XB-70 Valkyrie prototype no. 2, destroying both planes during a photo shoot near Edwards Air Force Base. Joseph A. Walker, a NASA pilot, and Carl Cross, a United States Air Force test pilot, are both killed.
- 8th » Topeka, Kansas, is devastated by a tornado that registers as an "F5" on the Fujita Scale: the first to exceed US$100 million in damages. Sixteen people are killed, hundreds more injured, and thousands of homes damaged or destroyed.
- 13th » The United States Supreme Court rules in 'Miranda v. Arizona' that the police must inform suspects of their rights before questioning them.
- 14th » The Roman Curia e.g Vatican announces the abolition of the 'Index Librorum Prohibitorum' ("index of prohibited books"), which was originally instituted in 1557.
- 19th » Shiv Sena a political party in India is founded in Mumbai.
Famous Birthdays on June in 1966
- 1st » Greg Schiano, American football player and coach
- 2nd » Pedro Guerra, Spanish singer-songwriter
- 2nd » Petra van Staveren, Dutch swimmer
- 3rd » Wasim Akram, Pakistani cricketer, coach, and sportscaster
- 4th » Cecilia Bartoli, Italian soprano
- 4th » Vladimir Voevodsky, Russian mathematician and academic
- 4th » Bill Wiggin, English politician, Shadow Secretary of State for Wales
- 6th » Tony Yeboah, Ghanaian footballer
- 6th » Sean Yseult, American bass player (White Zombie (band) e.g White Zombie and The Cramps)
- 7th » Eric Kretz, American drummer, songwriter, and producer (Stone Temple Pilots and Talk Show (band) e.g Talk Show)
- 7th » Stéphane Richer (ice hockey forward) e.g Stéphane Richer, Canadian ice hockey player
- 8th » Julianna Margulies, American actress and producer
- 8th » Doris Pearson, English singer-songwriter and choreographer (Five Star)
- 9th » Tamela Mann, American singer-songwriter and actress
- 9th » Jan Vayne, Dutch pianist
- 10th » Prince Hubertus of Hohenzollern
- 10th » David Platt (footballer) known as David Platt, English footballer and manager
- 13th » Henry Bond, English photographer
- 13th » Naoki Hattori, Japanese race car driver
- 13th » Grigori Perelman, Russian mathematician
- 14th » Traylor Howard, American actress
- 15th » Idalis DeLeón, American singer and actress (Seduction (band) or Seduction)
- 16th » Phil Vischer, American voice actor, director, producer, and screenwriter
- 16th » Jan Železný, Czech javelin thrower
- 17th » Mohammed Ghazy Al-Akhras, Iraqi journalist
- 17th » Tory Burch, American fashion designer
- 17th » Christy Canyon, American porn actress
- 17th » Ken Clark (running back) named Ken Clark, American football player (d. 2013)
- 17th » Diane Modahl, English runner
- 17th » Jason Patric, American actor
- 18th » Kurt Browning, Canadian figure skater
- 18th » Troy Kemp, Bahamian high jumper
- 19th » Joi Ito, Japanese-American businessman
- 19th » Michalis Romanidis, Greek basketball player
- 19th » Samuel West, English actor and director
- 21st » Gretchen Carlson, American journalist
- 21st » Sergey Grishin (businessman) named Sergey Grishin, Russian engineer and businessman
- 21st » Mancow Muller, American radio host and actor
- 21st » Pierre Thorsson, Swedish handball player
- 21st » Nan Woods, American actress
- 22nd » Schoolly D, American rapper and actor
- 22nd » Michael Park (co-driver) called Michael Park, English race car driver (d. 2005)
- 22nd » Emmanuelle Seigner, French actress and singer
- 23rd » Chico DeBarge, American singer and pianist (DeBarge)
- 23rd » Richie Ren, Taiwanese singer and actor
- 24th » H. David Kotz, American lawyer
- 24th » Hope Sandoval, American singer-songwriter (Mazzy Star and Hope Sandoval & the Warm Inventions)
- 24th » Adrienne Shelly, American actress, director, and screenwriter (d. 2006)
- 25th » Dikembe Mutombo, Congolese-American basketball player
- 26th » Dany Boon, French actor, director, and screenwriter
- 26th » Yūko Minaguchi, Japanese voice actress
- 26th » Jürgen Reil, American drummer (Kreator)
- 27th » J. J. Abrams, American director, producer, and screenwriter
- 27th » Jörg Bergen, German footballer and manager
- 28th » Peeter Allik, Estonian painter and illustrator
- 28th » Bobby Bare, Jr., American singer-songwriter and guitarist
- 28th » John Cusack, American actor, producer, and screenwriter
- 28th » Mary Stuart Masterson, American actress, director, and producer
- 28th » Sara Stewart, Scottish actress
- 29th » Yoko Kamio, Japanese author and illustrator
- 29th » John Part, Canadian darts player
- 30th » Andrey Abduvaliyev, Tajikistani-Uzbekistani hammer thrower
- 30th » Cheryl Bernard, Canadian curler
- 30th » Marton Csokas, New Zealand actor
- 30th » Wendy Davis (actress) known as Wendy Davis, American actress
- 30th » Mike Tyson, American boxer and actor
Famous Deaths for June 1966
- 1st » Papa Jack Laine, American drummer and bandleader (b. 1873)
- 7th » Jean Arp, German-French sculptor, painter, and poet (b. 1886)
- 8th » Anton Melik, Slovenian geographer (b. 1890)
- 12th » Hermann Scherchen, German conductor (b. 1891)
- 19th » Ed Wynn, American actor and singer (b. 1886)
- 20th » Georges Lemaître, Belgian priest, physicist, and astronomer (b. 1894)
- 22nd » Thaddeus Shideler, American hurdler (b. 1883)
- 30th » Giuseppe Farina, Italian race car driver (b. 1906)
Year 1966 Chinese Zodiac Signs and Astrology. Month of June Star Signs.
Year 1966 Zodiac Signs and Birthstones by month