What Happened In History Year 1471
Historical Events for the Year 1471
- 14th April » In England, the Yorkists under Edward IV of England Edward IV defeat the House of Lancaster Lancastrians under the Richard Neville, 16th Earl of Warwick Earl of Warwick at the Battle of Barnet; the Earl is killed and Edward IV resumes the throne.
- 4th May » Wars of the Roses: The Battle of Tewkesbury: Edward IV of England Edward IV defeats a House of Lancaster Lancastrian Army and kills Edward of Westminster Edward, Prince of Wales.
- 10th October » Battle of Brunkeberg in Stockholm: Sten Sture the Elder, the Regent of Sweden, with the help of farmers and miners, repels an attack by Christian I of Denmark or Christian I, King of Denmark.
Famous Birthdays in 1471
- 15th February » Piero the Unfortunate, Italian ruler (d. 1503)
- 21st May » Albrecht Dürer, German painter, engraver, and mathematician (d. 1528)
- 15th July » Eskender, Ethiopian emperor (d. 1494)
- 27th August » George, Duke of Saxony (d. 1539)
- 7th October » Frederick I of Denmark (d. 1533)
- 15th October » Konrad Mutian, German epigrammatist (d. 1526)
Famous Deaths in History for 1471
- 18th January » Emperor Go-Hanazono of Japan (b. 1419)
- 21st February » John of Rokycan, Czech theologian (b. 1396)
- 14th March » Thomas Malory, English author (b. 1405)
- 22nd March » George of Poděbrady (b. 1420)
- 14th April » Richard Neville, 16th Earl of Warwick, English commander and politician (b. 1428)
- 4th May » Edward of Westminster, Prince of Wales (b. 1453)
- 6th May » Edmund Beaufort, 4th Duke of Somerset, English commander (b. 1438)
- 21st May » Henry VI of England (b. 1421)
- 25th July » Thomas à Kempis, German priest and mystic (b. 1380)
- 26th July » Pope Paul II (b. 1417)
Historical events for the year 1471 by month