What Happened In History Year 1531
Historical Events for the Year 1531
- 26th January » Lisbon, Portugal is hit by an 1531 Lisbon earthquake called earthquake—thousands die.
- 11th February » Henry VIII of England is recognized as supreme head of the Church of England.
- 11th October » Huldrych Zwingli is killed in battle with the Roman Catholic cantons of Switzerland.
- 23rd November » The Second war of Kappel results in the dissolution of the Protestant alliance in Switzerland.
- 9th December » Our Lady of Guadalupe e.g The Virgin of Guadalupe first appears to Juan Diego at Tepeyac, Mexico City.
Famous Deaths in History for 1531
- 16th February » Johannes Stöffler, German mathematician and astronomer (b. 1452)
- 6th March » Pedro Arias Dávila, Spanish explorer (b. 1440)
- 19th May » Jan Łaski (1456–1531) e.g Jan Łaski, Polish diplomat (b. 1456)
- 17th July » Hosokawa Takakuni, Japanese commander (b. 1484)
- 11th October » Huldrych Zwingli, Swiss pastor and theologian (b. 1484)
- 24th November » Johannes Oecolampadius, German religious reformer (b. 1482)
Historical events for the year 1531 by month