What Happened In History Year 1675
Historical Events for the Year 1675
- 5th January » Battle of Turckheim e.g Battle of Colmar: the French army beats Brandenburg.
- 4th March » John Flamsteed is appointed the first Astronomer Royal of England.
- 4th May » King Charles II of England orders the construction of the Royal Greenwich Observatory.
- 10th August » The foundation stone of the Royal Observatory, Greenwich known as Royal Greenwich Observatory in London, England is laid.
- 11th August » Franco-Dutch War: Forces of the Holy Roman Empire defeat the France known as French in the Battle of Konzer Brücke.
- 29th October » Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz named Leibniz makes the first use of the long s (∫) as a symbol of the integral in calculus.
- 11th November » Gottfried Leibniz demonstrates integral calculus for the first time to find the area under the graph of 'y' = 'ƒ'('x').
Famous Birthdays in 1675
- 16th January » Louis de Rouvroy, duc de Saint-Simon, French soldier, diplomat, and author (d. 1755)
- 21st February » Franz Xaver Josef von Unertl, Bavarian politician (d. 1750)
- 28th February » Guillaume Delisle, French cartographer (d. 1726)
- 31st March » Pope Benedict XIV (d. 1758)
- 29th May » Humphry Ditton, English mathematician and philosopher (d. 1715)
- 1st June » Francesco Scipione, marchese di Maffei, Italian archaeologist and playwright (d. 1755)
- 5th July » Mary Walcott, American witness at the Salem witch trials (d. 1719)
- 14th July » Claude Alexandre de Bonneval, French general (d. 1747)
- 2nd September » William Somervile, English poet (d. 1742)
- 3rd September » Paul Dudley (jurist) known as Paul Dudley, American lawyer and jurist (d. 1751)
- 11th October » Samuel Clarke, English clergyman and philosopher (d. 1729)
- 21st October » Emperor Higashiyama of Japan (d. 1710)
- 24th October » Richard Temple, 1st Viscount Cobham, English field marshal and politician, Lord Lieutenant of Buckinghamshire (d. 1749)
Famous Deaths in History for 1675
- 2nd February » Ivan Belostenec, Croatian linguist and lexicographer (b. 1594)
- 9th February » Gerhard Douw, Dutch painter (b. 1613)
- 18th March » Arthur Chichester, 1st Earl of Donegall, Irish soldier (b. 1606)
- 23rd March » Anthoni van Noordt, Dutch organist and composer (b. 1619)
- 12th April » Richard Bennett (Governor) or Richard Bennett, English politician, List of colonial governors of Virginia or Governor of Virginia (b. 1609)
- 18th May » Stanisław Lubieniecki, Polish astronomer, theologian, and historian (b. 1623)
- 18th May » Jacques Marquette, French-American missionary and explorer (b. 1637)
- 27th May » Gaspard Dughet, Italian-French painter (b. 1613)
- 12th June » Charles Emmanuel II, Duke of Savoy (b. 1634)
- 28th July » Bulstrode Whitelocke, English lawyer and politician (b. 1605)
- 8th September » Amalia of Solms-Braunfels (b. 1602)
- 18th September » Charles IV, Duke of Lorraine (b. 1604)
- 23rd September » Valentin Conrart, French author (b. 1603)
- 26th October » William Sprague (1609–1675) called William Sprague, English co-founder of Charlestown, Massachusetts (b. 1609)
- 27th October » Gilles de Roberval, French mathematician (b. 1602)
- 24th November » Guru Tegh Bahadur, Indian religious leader, 9th Sikh gurus or Guru of Sikhs (b. 1621)
- 28th November » Basil Feilding, 2nd Earl of Denbigh, English politician (b. 1608)
- 28th November » Leonard Hoar, English-American minister and academic (b. 1630)
- 30th November » Cecil Calvert, 2nd Baron Baltimore, English lawyer and politician, List of lieutenant governors of Newfoundland and Labrador known as Lieutenant Governor of Newfoundland (b. 1605)
- 6th December » John Lightfoot, English priest, academic, and scholar (b. 1602)
- 15th December » Johannes Vermeer, Dutch painter (b. 1632)
- 23rd December » Caesar, duc de Choiseul, French general and diplomat (b. 1602)
Historical events for the year 1675 by month