What Happened In December 1885 In History
Historical Events for December, 1885
- 1st » First serving of the soft drink Dr Pepper at a drug store in Waco, Texas.
- 22nd » Itō Hirobumi, a samurai, became the first Prime Minister of Japan.
- 28th » Indian National Congress, a political party of India is founded in Mumbai e.g Bombay, Presidencies and provinces of British India known as British India.
Famous Birthdays on December in 1885
- 2nd » George Minot, American physician and academic, Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine named Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1950)
- 7th » Mason Phelps, American golfer (d. 1945)
- 7th » Peter Sturholdt, American boxer (d. 1919)
- 10th » Marios Varvoglis, Greek composer and conductor (d. 1967)
- 11th » Carlo Wieth, Danish actor (d. 1943)
- 15th » Leonid Pitamic, Slovenia lawyer, philosopher and academic (d. 1971)
- 21st » Frank Patrick (ice hockey) known as Frank Patrick, Canadian ice hockey player and coach (d. 1960)
- 22nd » Abe Manley, American businessman (d. 1952)
- 22nd » Deems Taylor, American conductor and critic (d. 1966)
- 23rd » Pierre Brissaud, French illustrator, painter, and engraver (d. 1964)
- 29th » Roman von Ungern-Sternberg, Austrian-Russian general (d. 1921)
- 31st » Princess Victoria Adelaide of Schleswig-Holstein (d. 1970)
Famous Deaths for December 1885
- 8th » William Henry Vanderbilt, American businessman and philanthropist (b. 1821)
Year 1885 events in history for the month of December
Historical events for the year 1885 by month