What Happened In History Year 1192
Historical Events for the Year 1192
- 28th April » Assassination of Conrad of Montferrat (Conrad I), Kings of Jerusalem e.g King of Jerusalem, in Tyre (Lebanon) called Tyre, two days after his title to the throne is confirmed by election. The killing is carried out by Hashshashin.
- 1st August » Richard I of England e.g Richard the Lionheart landed on Jaffa and defeated the army of Saladin
- 21st August » Minamoto no Yoritomo becomes Shogun or Seii Tai Shōgun and the 'de facto' ruler of Japan. (Traditional Japanese calendar e.g Japanese date: July 12, 1192)
- 2nd September » The Treaty of Jaffa is signed between Richard I of England and Saladin, leading to the end of the Third Crusade.
- 20th December » Richard I of England is captured and imprisoned by Leopold V, Duke of Austria named Leopold V of Austria on his way home to England after signing a treaty with Saladin ending the Third Crusade.
Famous Deaths in History for 1192
- 26th April » Emperor Go-Shirakawa of Japan (b. 1127)
- 28th April » Conrad of Montferrat (b. 1140)
- 8th May » Ottokar IV, Duke of Styria (b. 1163)
- 25th August » Hugh III, Duke of Burgundy (b. 1142)
Historical events for the year 1192 by month