Birthday Astrology & Zodiac Signs
♑ Capricorn is the Zodiac Sign for January 16th
- Let us explore January 16th Birthday Personality traits for Capricorn.
- Capricorn is ruled by the planet Saturn while being considered an earth sign, introvert sign and one of the four cardinal signs. Capricorn-Sagittarius cusps (those born from December 23 to 28) are considered to be slightly different from the typical Capricorn, being more outgoing, jovial and less ambitious and money orientated than the Capricorn who is not born on a cusp.
Capricorn is the Sign of stability, calmness and maturity. Being hard workers independence and attention to detail are big for Capricorns.
Capricorns are very ambitious people, they always have something they are pursuing and they want their lives to be fulfilled and important. This kind of behavior can shed a bad light on their relationships. Capricorn strengths are responsible, patient, ambitious, resourceful and loyal. Capricorn areas for improvement are dictatorial, inhibited, conceited, distrusting and unimaginative. The color of choice for Capricorn is brown and other dark colors.
- If you were born 2019 on the 16th January then your star sign is Capricorn.
Historical Events for January 16th
- Year 27 » Augustus called Gaius Julius Caesar Octavianus is granted the title Augustus (honorific) called Augustus by the Roman Senate, marking the beginning of the Roman Empire.
- Year 550 » Gothic War (535–554) called Gothic War: The Ostrogoths, under King Totila, conquer Rome after a long siege, by bribing the Isaurian garrison.
- Year 929 Astrology » Emir Abd-ar-Rahman III established the Caliphate of Córdoba.
- Year 1120 Astrology » The Council of Nablus is held, establishing the earliest surviving written laws of the Crusades named Crusader Kingdom of Jerusalem.
- Year 1362 Astrology » A Storm surge storm tide in the North Sea destroys the Germany German city of Rungholt on the island of Strand (island) Strand.
- Year 1412 Astrology » The House of Medici named Medici family is appointed official banker of the Pope named Papacy.
- Year 1492 Astrology » The first grammar of the Spanish language is presented to Isabella I of Castile e.g Queen Isabella I.
- Year 1547 Astrology » Ivan IV of Russia aka Ivan the Terrible becomes Tsar named Czar of Russia.
- Year 1556 Astrology » Philip II of Spain known as Philip II becomes King of Spain.
- Year 1572 Astrology » Thomas Howard, 4th Duke of Norfolk is tried for treason for his part in the Ridolfi plot to restore Catholicism in England.
- Year 1581 Astrology » The English Parliament of England known as Parliament outlaws Roman Catholicism.
- Year 1605 Astrology » The first edition of 'Don Quixote or El ingenioso hidalgo Don Quijote de la Mancha' (Book One of 'Don Quixote') by Miguel de Cervantes is published in Madrid named Madrid, Spain.
- Year 1707 Astrology » The Parliament of Scotland Scottish Parliament ratifies the Acts of Union 1707 Act of Union, paving the way for the creation of Kingdom of Great Britain Great Britain.
- Year 1761 Astrology » The British capture Pondicherry district or Pondichéry, India from the France named French.
- Year 1780 Astrology » American Revolutionary War: Battle of Cape St. Vincent (1780) known as Battle of Cape St. Vincent.
- Year 1786 Astrology » Virginia enacted the Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom called Statute for Religious Freedom authored by Thomas Jefferson.
- Year 1809 Astrology » Peninsular War: The British defeat the French at the Battle of Corunna named Battle of La Coruña.
- Year 1847 Astrology » John C. Frémont is appointed List of Governors of California e.g Governor of the new California Territory.
- Year 1862 Astrology » Hartley Colliery Disaster: 204 men and boys killed in a mining disaster, prompted a change in UK law which henceforth required all collieries to have at least two independent means of escape.
- Year 1878 Astrology » Russo-Turkish War (1877–1878) Battle of Philippopolis (1878) Battle of Philippopolis: Captain Aleksandr Burago with a Squadron (army) squadron of Russian Empire Russian Imperial army dragoons liberates Plovdiv from Ottoman Empire Ottoman rule.
- Year 1883 Astrology » The Pendleton Civil Service Reform Act, establishing the United States Civil Service Commission known as United States Civil Service, is passed.
- Year 1896 Astrology » Defeat of Cymru Fydd at South Wales Liberal Federation Annual general meeting called AGM, Newport, Monmouthshire.
- Year 1900 Astrology » The United States Senate accepts the Anglo-German treaty of 1899 in which the United Kingdom renounces its claims to the American Samoa named Samoan islands.
- Year 1919 Astrology » Temperance movement in the United States known as Temperance movement: The United States ratifies the Eighteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution, authorizing Prohibition in the United States one year after ratification.
- Year 1920 Astrology » Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Incorporated was founded on the campus of Howard University.
- Year 1920 » The League of Nations holds its first council meeting in Paris known as Paris, France.
- Year 1924 Astrology » Eleftherios Venizelos becomes Prime Minister of Greece for the fourth time.
- Year 1939 Astrology » The Irish Republican Army (1922–1969) known as Irish Republican Army (IRA) begins a S-Plan named bombing and sabotage campaign in England.
- Year 1942 Astrology » Crash of TWA Flight 3, killing all 22 aboard, including film star Carole Lombard.
- Year 1945 Astrology » Adolf Hitler moves into his underground bunker, the so-called Führerbunker.
- Year 1956 Astrology » President Gamal Abdel Nasser of Egypt vows to reconquer Palestine.
- Year 1964 Astrology » Hello, Dolly! (musical) starring Carol Channing opened on Broadway, beginning a run of 2,844 performances.
- Year 1969 Astrology » Soviet spacecraft 'Soyuz 4' and 'Soyuz 5' perform the first-ever docking of manned spacecraft in low Earth orbit or orbit, the first-ever transfer of crew from one space vehicle to another, and the only time such a transfer was accomplished with a Extra-v
- Year 1970 Astrology » Buckminster Fuller receives the AIA Gold Medal called Gold Medal award from the American Institute of Architects.
- Year 1979 Astrology » The Mohammad Reza Pahlavi e.g last Iranian Shah flees Iran with his family for good and relocates to Egypt.
- Year 1986 Astrology » First meeting of the Internet Engineering Task Force.
- Year 1991 Astrology » The Coalition Forces go to war with Iraq, beginning the Gulf War (U.S. Time).
- Year 1992 Astrology » El Salvador officials and rebel leaders sign the Chapultepec Peace Accords in Mexico City named Mexico City, Mexico ending the 12-year Salvadoran Civil War that claimed at least 75,000 lives.
- Year 2001 Astrology » President of the United States or US President Bill Clinton awards former President Theodore Roosevelt a posthumous Medal of Honor for his service in the Spanish–American War.
- Year 2001 » Democratic Republic of the Congo called Congolese President Laurent-Désiré Kabila is assassinated by one of his own bodyguards.
- Year 2002 Astrology » The United Nations Security Council named UN Security Council unanimously establishes an arms embargo and the freezing of assets of Osama bin Laden, al-Qaeda, and the remaining members of the Taliban.
- Year 2003 Astrology » The Space Shuttle Columbia or Space Shuttle 'Columbia' takes off for mission STS-107 which would be its final one. 'Columbia' disintegrated 16 days later on re-entry.
- Year 2005 Astrology » Romanian university lecturer and novelist Adriana Iliescu gives birth at 66 to her daughter Eliza, breaking the record for the oldest birth mother in the world
- Year 2013 Astrology » An estimated 41 international workers are In Aménas hostage crisis or taken hostage in an attack in the town of In Aménas, Algeria.
Zodiac Signs and Birthday Astrology for the Month of January