What Happened In History Year 1204
Historical Events for the Year 1204
- 8th March » The Siege of Château Gaillard ends in a French victory over King John, King of England called John of England, who loses control of Normandy to King Philip II of France e.g Philip II Augustus.
- 12th April » The Crusaders of the Fourth Crusade breach the walls of Constantinople and Siege of Constantinople (1204) or enter the city, which they completely occupy the following day.
- 13th April » Constantinople falls to the Crusaders of the Fourth Crusade, temporarily ending the Byzantine Empire.
- 16th May » Baldwin I of Constantinople e.g Baldwin IX, Count of Flanders is crowned as the first Emperor of the Latin Empire.
Famous Deaths in History for 1204
- 1st January » Haakon III of Norway (b. 1170)
- 8th February » Alexios IV Angelos, Byzantine emperor (b. 1182)
- 1st April » Eleanor of Aquitaine (b. 1122)
- 11th August » Guttorm of Norway (b. 1199)
- 14th August » Minamoto no Yoriie, Japanese shogun (b. 1182)
- 21st October » Robert de Beaumont, 4th Earl of Leicester, English politician
- 13th December » Maimonides, Spanish rabbi and philosopher (b. 1135)
Historical events for the year 1204 by month