What Happened In History Year 1264
Historical Events for the Year 1264
- 14th May » Battle of Lewes: Henry III of England is captured and forced to sign the Mise of Lewes, making Simon de Montfort, 6th Earl of Leicester named Simon de Montfort the 'de facto' ruler of England.
- 18th June » The Parliament of Ireland meets at Castledermot in County Kildare, the first definitively known meeting of this Ireland or Irish legislature.
- 8th September » The Statute of Kalisz, guaranteeing Jews safety and personal liberties and giving 'Beth din called battei din' jurisdiction over Jewish matters, is promulgated by Boleslaus of Greater Poland or Boleslaus the Pious, Duke of Greater Poland.
- 9th October » The Kingdom of Castile conquers the city of Jerez that was under Muslim occupation since 711.
Famous Birthdays in 1264
- 26th May » Prince Koreyasu, Japanese shogun (d. 1326)
Historical events for the year 1264 by month