What Happened In History Year 1268
Historical Events for the Year 1268
- 18th February » The Livonian Brothers of the Sword are defeated by Daumantas of Pskov or Dovmont of Pskov in the Battle of Wesenberg (1268) named Battle of Rakvere.
- 18th May » The Principality of Antioch, a crusader states crusader state, falls to the Mamluk Sultanate (Cairo) Mamluk Sultan Baibars in the Siege of Antioch (1268) Siege of Antioch.
- 23rd August » Battle of Tagliacozzo: The army of Charles of Anjou defeats the Ghibellines supporters of Conradin of Hohenstaufen marking the fall of the Hohenstaufen family from the Holy Roman Empire named Imperial and Kingdom of Sicily e.g Sicilian thrones, and leadin
- 29th October » Conradin, the last legitimate male heir of the Hohenstaufen dynasty of List of German Kings and Emperors called Kings of Germany and Holy Roman Emperors, is executed along with his companion Frederick I, Margrave of Baden by Charles I of Sicily, a politic
Famous Deaths in History for 1268
- 29th October » Conradin, Italian king (b. 1252)
- 29th October » Frederick I, Margrave of Baden (b. 1249)
- 29th November » Pope Clement IV (b. 1190)
Historical events for the year 1268 by month