What Happened In History Year 1282
Historical Events for the Year 1282
- 30th March » The people of Sicily rebel against the Capetian House of Anjou Angevin monarch king Charles I of Naples Charles I, in what becomes known as the Sicilian Vespers.
- 30th August » Peter III of Aragon, originally traveling with his fleet on a military expedition against the Hafsid Kingdom, ends up in the Sicilian town of Trapani, after he was asked by the inhabitants of Palermo to help in the fight against Charles of Anjou.
- 9th November » Pope Martin IV excommunicates King Peter III of Aragon.
- 11th December » Battle of Orewin Bridge: Llywelyn ap Gruffudd, the last native Prince of Wales, is killed at Cilmeri, near Builth Wells, in mid-Wales.
Famous Deaths in History for 1282
- 19th June » Eleanor de Montfort, English daughter of Eleanor of Leicester (b. 1252)
- 25th August » Thomas de Cantilupe, English bishop and saint (b. 1218)
- 13th October » Nichiren Japanese monk (b. 1222)
- 11th December » Llywelyn ap Gruffudd, prince of Wales (b. 1223)
- 11th December » Michael VIII Palaiologos, Byzantine emperor (b. 1225)
Historical events for the year 1282 by month