What Happened In History Year 1343
Historical Events for the Year 1343
- 14th January » Arnošt of Pardubice becomes the last List of bishops and archbishops of Prague or bishop of Prague and, subsequently, the first Archbishop of Prague.
- 27th January » Pope Clement VI issues the papal bull 'Unigenitus' to justify the power of the pope and the use of indulgences. Nearly 200 years later, Martin Luther would protest this.
- 2nd August » Olivier de Clisson is found guilty of treason and beheaded at Les Halles in Paris. As a result, his wife, Jeanne de Clisson, sold their holding, bought a fleet of ships, and took to the sea as a pirate to seek revenge against the Philip VI of France or Fr
- 25th November » A tsunami, caused by an Earthquake of 1343 e.g earthquake in the Tyrrhenian Sea, devastates Naples (Italy) and the Amalfi or Maritime Republic of Amalfi, among other places.
Famous Birthdays in 1343
- 24th June » Joan of Valois, Queen of Navarre (d. 1373)
Historical events for the year 1343 by month