What Happened In History Year 1386
Historical Events for the Year 1386
- 4th March » Władysław II Jagiełło (Jogaila) is crowned King of Poland.
- 29th April » Battle of the Vikhra River: The Principality of Smolensk is defeated by the Grand Duchy of Lithuania and becomes its vassal.
- 9th May » England and Portugal formally ratify Anglo-Portuguese Alliance named their alliance with the signing of the Treaty of Windsor (1386) called Treaty of Windsor, making it the oldest the oldest diplomatic alliance in the world which is still in force.
- 9th July » The Old Swiss Confederacy makes great strides in Growth of the Old Swiss Confederacy or establishing control over its territory by soundly defeating the Archduchy of Austria in the Battle of Sempach.
- 17th August » Karl Topia, the ruler of Princedom of Albania forges an alliance with the Republic of Venice, committing to participate in all wars of the Republic and receiving coastal protection against the Ottomans in return.
- 18th October » Opening of the University of Heidelberg.
- 19th October » The Heidelberg University or Universität Heidelberg held its first lecture, making it the oldest German university.
Famous Deaths in History for 1386
Historical events for the year 1386 by month