What Happened In History Year 1456
Historical Events for the Year 1456
- 4th July » Ottoman wars in Europe: The Siege of Belgrade (1456) known as Siege of Nándorfeqhérvár (Belgrade) begins.
- 7th July » A Retrial of Joan of Arc named retrial verdict acquits Joan of Arc of Heresy in Christianity called heresy 25 years after her death.
- 22nd July » Ottoman Wars in Europe: Siege of Belgrade (1456) named Siege of Belgrade John Hunyadi, Regent of the Kingdom of Hungary, defeats Mehmet II of the Ottoman Empire
- 24th August » The printing of the Gutenberg Bible is completed.
- 17th October » The University of Greifswald is established, making it the second oldest university in northern Europe (also for a period the oldest in Sweden, and Prussia).
- 9th November » Ulrich II of Celje (Slovene language Slovene: Ulrik Celjski, German language German Ulrich von Cilli, Hungarian language Hungarian: Cillei Ulrik), last prince of Celje principality, is assassinated in Belgrade.
Famous Birthdays in 1456
- 1st March » Vladislaus II of Hungary (d. 1516)
- 11th June » Anne Neville, English wife of Richard III of England (d. 1485)
- 23rd June » Margaret of Denmark, Queen of Scotland (d. 1486)
Famous Deaths in History for 1456
- 8th January » Lawrence Giustiniani, Italian bishop and saint (b. 1381)
- 24th May » Ambroise de Loré, French commander (b. 1396)
- 11th August » John Hunyadi, Hungarian general (b. 1387)
- 22nd August » Vladislav II of Wallachia
- 23rd October » John of Capistrano, Italian priest and saint (b. 1386)
- 9th November » Ulrich II, Count of Celje (b. 1406)
- 25th November » Jacques Cœur, French merchant and banker (b. 1395)
Historical events for the year 1456 by month