What Happened In History Year 1584
Historical Events for the Year 1584
- 25th March » Walter Raleigh named Sir Walter Raleigh is granted a patent to colonize Virginia.
- 16th May » Santiago de Vera becomes sixth Governor-General of the Spanish colony of the Philippines.
- 10th July » William I of Orange is assassination called assassinated in his home in Delft, Holland, by Balthasar Gérard.
- 13th September » San Lorenzo del Escorial Palace in Madrid is finished.
Famous Birthdays in 1584
- 29th January » Frederick Henry, Prince of Orange (d. 1647)
- 12th February » Caspar Barlaeus, Dutch historian, poet, and theologian (d. 1648)
- 26th February » Albert VI, Duke of Bavaria (d. 1666)
- 29th March » Ferdinando Fairfax, 2nd Lord Fairfax of Cameron, English general and politician (d. 1648)
- 27th May » Michael Altenburg, German theologian and composer (d. 1640)
- 13th August » Theophilus Howard, 2nd Earl of Suffolk, English admiral and politician, Lord Lieutenant of Cumberland (d. 1640)
- 16th December » John Selden, English jurist and scholar (d. 1654)
- 25th December » Margaret of Austria, Queen of Spain (d. 1611)
Famous Deaths in History for 1584
- 4th January » Tobias Stimmer, Swiss painter and illustrator (b. 1539)
- 10th March » Thomas Norton, English lawyer and politician (b. 1532)
- 28th March » Ivan the Terrible, Russian king (b. 1530)
- 18th May » Ikeda Motosuke, Japanese commander (b. 1559)
- 19th June » Francis, Duke of Anjou (b. 1555)
- 10th July » William the Silent, French prince (b. 1533)
- 12th July » Steven Borough, English navigator and explorer (b. 1525)
- 23rd July » John Day (printer) known as John Day, English printer (b. 1522)
- 22nd August » Jan Kochanowski, Polish poet and playwright (b. 1530)
- 3rd November » Charles Borromeo, Italian cardinal (b. 1538)
Historical events for the year 1584 by month