What Happened In History Year 1595
Historical Events for the Year 1595
- 17th January » Henry IV of France declares war on Spain.
- 27th April » The relics of Saint Sava are incinerated in Belgrade by the Ottomans, where today Church of Saint Sava called the largest Orthodox church building in the world stands
- 24th May » 'Nomenclator (nomenclature) e.g Nomenclator' of Leiden University Library appears, the first printed catalog of an institutional library.
- 23rd August » Long War (1591–1606) named Long War: Wallachian prince Michael the Brave confronts the Ottoman Empire known as Ottoman army in the Battle of Călugăreni and achieves a tactical victory.
- 9th October » The Spanish army captures Cambrai.
Famous Birthdays in 1595
- 6th January » Claude Favre de Vaugelas, French grammarian and courtier (d. 1650)
- 26th January » Antonio Maria Abbatini, Italian composer (d. 1679)
- 24th February » Maciej Kazimierz Sarbiewski, Polish author and poet (d. 1640)
- 5th April » John Wilson (composer) e.g John Wilson, English composer and educator (d. 1674)
- 9th June » Władysław IV Vasa, Polish king (d. 1648)
- 13th June » Jan Marek Marci, Czech physician and scientist (d. 1667)
- 18th October » Edward Winslow, English politician, 3rd Governor of Plymouth Colony (d. 1655)
- 4th December » Jean Chapelain, French poet and critic (d. 1674)
- 5th December » Henry Lawes, English pianist and composer (d. 1662)
Famous Deaths in History for 1595
- 15th January » Murat III, Ottoman sultan (b. 1546)
- 24th January » Ferdinand II, Archduke of Austria (b. 1529)
- 21st February » Robert Southwell (Jesuit) e.g Robert Southwell, English priest and poet (b. 1561)
- 25th April » Torquato Tasso, Italian poet (b. 1544)
- 25th May » Valens Acidalius, German poet and critic (b. 1567)
- 25th May » Philip Neri, Italian priest and saint (b. 1515)
- 24th August » Thomas Digges, English mathematician and astronomer (b. 1546)
- 26th August » António, Prior of Crato (b. 1531)
- 12th November » John Hawkins (naval commander) or John Hawkins, English admiral and shipbuilder (b. 1532)
- 29th November » Alonso de Ercilla, Spanish soldier and poet (b. 1533)
Historical events for the year 1595 by month