What Happened In History Year 1606
Historical Events for the Year 1606
- 27th January » Gunpowder Plot: The trial of Guy Fawkes and other conspirators begins, ending with their execution on January 31.
- 31st January » Gunpowder Plot: Guy Fawkes is executed for plotting against Parliament of England called Parliament and James I of England known as King James.
- 10th April » The London Company called Virginia Company of London is established by royal charter by James I of England with the purpose of establishing British colonization of the Americas called colonial settlements in North America.
- 12th April » The Union Flag is adopted as the flag of Kingdom of England e.g English and Kingdom of Scotland known as Scottish ships.
- 19th December » The 'Susan Constant', the 'Godspeed (ship) Godspeed', and the 'Discovery (1602 ship) Discovery' depart England carrying settlers who found, at Jamestown, Virginia, the first of the Thirteen Colonies thirteen colonies that became the United States.
- 20th December » The Virginia Company loads three ships with settlers and sets sail to establish Jamestown, Virginia, the first permanent English settlement in the Americas.
Famous Birthdays in 1606
- 10th February » Christine Marie of France (d. 1663)
- 12th February » John Winthrop the Younger, English-American politician, List of colonial governors of Connecticut or Governor of Connecticut (d. 1676)
- 3rd March » Edmund Waller, English poet and politician (d. 1687)
- 23rd May » Juan Caramuel y Lobkowitz, Spanish mathematician and philosopher (d. 1682)
- 25th May » Charles Garnier (missionary) known as Charles Garnier, French missionary and saint (d. 1649)
- 6th June » Pierre Corneille, French playwright (d. 1684)
- 16th June » Arthur Chichester, 1st Earl of Donegall, Irish soldier and politician (d. 1675)
- 19th June » James Hamilton, 1st Duke of Hamilton, Scottish soldier and politician, Lord Chancellor of Scotland (d. 1649)
- 15th July » Rembrandt, Dutch painter and etcher (d. 1669)
- 18th August » Maria Anna of Spain (d. 1646)
- 22nd September » Li Zicheng, Chinese emperor (d. 1645)
- 9th November » Hermann Conring, German philosopher (d. 1681)
- 12th November » Jeanne Mance, French-Canadian nurse, founded the Hôtel-Dieu de Montréal (d. 1673)
Famous Deaths in History for 1606
- 30th January » Everard Digby, English conspirator (b. 1578)
- 31st January » Guy Fawkes, English conspirator, leader of the Gunpowder Plot (b. 1570)
- 31st January » Ambrose Rookwood, English conspirator (b. 1578)
- 31st January » Thomas Wintour, English conspirator (b. 1571)
- 3rd March » Nyaungyan Min, Burmese king (b. 1557)
- 23rd March » Justus Lipsius, Flemish philologist (b. 1547)
- 3rd April » Charles Blount, 8th Baron Mountjoy, English general and politician, Lord Lieutenant of Ireland (b. 1563)
- 3rd May » Henry Garnet, English priest (b. 1555)
- 5th October » Philippe Desportes, French poet (b. 1546)
- 13th November » Geronimo Mercuriali, Italian physician and philologist (b. 1530)
Historical events for the year 1606 by month