What Happened In History Year 1667
Historical Events for the Year 1667
- 30th January » The Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth cedes Kiev, Smolensk, and left-bank Ukraine to the Tsardom of Russia in the Treaty of Andrusovo.
- 6th April » An earthquake devastates Dubrovnik, then an independent city-state.
- 27th April » The blind and impoverished John Milton sells the copyright of 'Paradise Lost' for Pound sterling called £10.
- 24th May » The French Royal Army (1652–1830) French Royal Army crosses the border into the Spanish Netherlands, starting the War of Devolution opposing Kingdom of France France to the Spanish Empire and the Triple Alliance (1668) Triple Alliance.
- 9th June » Second Anglo-Dutch War: The Raid on the Medway by the Netherlands e.g Dutch fleet begins. It lasts for five days and results in the worst ever defeat of the Royal Navy.
- 14th June » The Raid on the Medway by the Netherlands or Dutch fleet in the Second Anglo-Dutch War ends. It had lasted for five days and resulted in the worst ever defeat of the Royal Navy.
- 15th June » The first human blood transfusion is administered by Dr. Jean-Baptiste Denys.
- 31st July » Second Anglo-Dutch War: Treaty of Breda (1667) called Treaty of Breda ends the conflict.
- 25th November » A deadly 1667 Shamakhi earthquake e.g earthquake rocks Shemakha in the Caucasus, killing 80,000 people.
Famous Birthdays in 1667
- 27th February » Ludwika Karolina Radziwiłł, Prussian-Lithuanian wife of Charles III Philip, Elector Palatine (d. 1695)
- 29th April » John Arbuthnot, Scottish-English physician and polymath (d. 1735)
- 26th May » Abraham de Moivre, French-English mathematician and theorist (d. 1754)
- 18th June » Ivan Trubetskoy, Russian field marshal (d. 1750)
- 2nd July » Pietro Ottoboni (cardinal) named Pietro Ottoboni, Italian cardinal (d. 1740)
- 27th July » Johann Bernoulli, Swiss mathematician and academic (d. 1748)
- 28th August » Louise of Mecklenburg-Güstrow (d. 1721)
- 5th September » Giovanni Girolamo Saccheri, Italian priest, mathematician, and philosopher (d. 1733)
- 24th September » Jean-Louis Lully, French composer (d. 1688)
- 28th October » Maria Anna of Neuburg (d. 1740)
- 2nd November » James Louis Sobieski, French-Polish son of John III Sobieski (d. 1737)
- 5th November » Christoph Ludwig Agricola, German painter (d. 1719)
- 30th November » Jonathan Swift, Irish priest and poet (d. 1745)
- 4th December » Michel Pignolet de Montéclair, French composer (d. 1737)
- 9th December » William Whiston, English mathematician, historian, and theologian (d. 1752)
- 25th December » Melusine von der Schulenburg, Duchess of Kendal (d. 1743)
Famous Deaths in History for 1667
- 10th April » Jan Marek Marci, Czech physician (b. 1595)
- 2nd May » George Wither, English poet (b. 1588)
- 7th May » Johann Jakob Froberger, German organist and composer (b. 1616)
- 14th May » Georges de Scudéry, French author, poet, and playwright (b. 1601)
- 16th May » Thomas Wriothesley, 4th Earl of Southampton, English politician, Lord High Treasurer (b. 1607)
- 22nd May » Pope Alexander VII (b. 1599)
- 25th May » Gustaf Bonde, Swedish politician, 5th Lord High Treasurer of Sweden (b. 1620)
- 5th June » Pietro Sforza Pallavicino, Italian cardinal and historian (b. 1607)
- 28th July » Abraham Cowley, English poet (b. 1618)
- 13th August » Jeremy Taylor, Irish bishop (b. 1613)
- 18th October » Fasilides, Ethiopian emperor (b. 1603)
- 12th November » Hans Nansen, Danish politician (b. 1598)
- 28th November » Jean de Thévenot, French linguist and botanist (b. 1633)
Historical events for the year 1667 by month