What Happened In History Year 1794
Historical Events for the Year 1794
- 4th February » The French legislature abolishes slavery throughout all territories of the French Republic. It will be reestablished in the French West Indies in 1802.
- 11th February » First session of United States Senate opens to the public.
- 26th February » The first Christiansborg Palace (1st) known as Christiansborg Palace in Copenhagen burns down.
- 4th March » The Eleventh Amendment to the United States Constitution known as 11th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution is passed by the United States Congress e.g U.S. Congress.
- 14th March » Eli Whitney is granted a patent for the cotton gin.
- 27th March » The Federal government of the United States United States Government establishes a permanent United States Navy navy and authorizes the building of Original six frigates of the United States Navy six frigates.
- 27th March » Denmark and Sweden form a neutral country or neutrality compact.
- 28th March » Allies under the prince of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha Coburg defeat France French forces at Le Cateau-Cambrésis Le Cateau.
- 1st May » War of the Pyrenees: The Battle of Boulou ends, in which French First Republic or French forces defeat the Spanish and regain nearly all the land they lost to Spain in 1793.
- 7th May » French Revolution: Maximilien Robespierre e.g Robespierre introduces the Cult of the Supreme Being in the National Convention as the new state religion of the French First Republic.
- 8th May » Branded a traitor during the Reign of Terror by French Revolution named revolutionists, French chemist Antoine Lavoisier, who was also a tax collector with the 'Ferme Générale', is tried, convicted, and guillotined all on the same day in Paris.
- 1st June » The battle of the Glorious First of June is fought, the first naval engagement between Britain and France during the French Revolutionary Wars.
- 4th June » British troops capture Port-au-Prince in Haiti.
- 23rd June » Empress Catherine the Great named Catherine II of Russia grants Jews permission to settle in Kiev.
- 26th June » French Revolutionary Wars: Battle of Fleurus (1794) named Battle of Fleurus marked the first successful military use of aircraft.
- 30th June » Native American forces under Blue Jacket attack Fort Recovery.
- 13th July » The Battle of the Vosges is fought between France known as French forces and those of Prussia and Austria.
- 27th July » French Revolution: Maximilien Robespierre is Thermidorian Reaction known as arrested after encouraging the execution of more than 17,000 "enemies of the Revolution".
- 28th July » French Revolution: Maximilien Robespierre and Louis Antoine de Saint-Just are executed by guillotine in Paris called Paris, France.
- 7th August » President of the United States known as U.S. President George Washington invokes the Militia Acts of 1792 to suppress the Whiskey Rebellion in western Pennsylvania.
- 8th August » Joseph Whidbey leads an expedition to search for the Northwest Passage near Juneau, Alaska.
- 20th August » Battle of Fallen Timbers: United States American troops force a confederacy of Shawnee, Mingo, Lenape Delaware, Wyandot people Wyandot, Miami people Miami, Odawa people Ottawa, Ojibwe people Chippewa, and Potawatomi warriors into a disorganized retreat.
- 17th September » The Battle of Sprimont is fought.
Historical events for the year 1794 by month