What Happened In History Year 632
Historical Events for the Year 632
- 8th April » King Charibert II is assassinated at Blaye (Gironde)—possibly on orders of his half-brother Dagobert I—along with his infant son Chilperic of Aquitaine named Chilperic. He claims Aquitaine and Gascony, becoming the most powerful Merovingian dynasty named
- 8th June » Muhammad, Islamic prophet, dies in Medina and is succeeded by Abu Bakr who becomes the first caliph of the Rashidun Caliphate.
- 16th June » Yazdegerd III ascends to the throne as king ('shah') of the Sasanian Empire e.g Persian Empire. He becomes the last ruler of the Sasanian family tree or Sasanian dynasty (modern Iran).
Famous Deaths in History for 632
- 31st January » Máedóc of Ferns called Máedóc, Irish bishop (b. 550)
- 8th April » Charibert II, Frankish king (b. 607)
- 8th June » Muhammad, Muslim prophet (b. 570)
- 28th August » Fatimah, Saudi Arabian daughter of Muhammad (b. 605)
- 12th October » Edwin of Northumbria (b. 586)
Historical events for the year 632 by month