What Happened On 20th October 1873 In History
October 20th (1873) was a Monday. It's the 293rd day of the year (294th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 72 days left to the end of the year.
Historical Events for 20th October, 1873
- » Yale University Yale, Princeton University Princeton, Columbia University Columbia, and Rutgers University Rutgers universities draft the first code of American football rules.
Famous Birthdays on October 20 in 1873
- » Nellie McClung, Canadian politician and activist (d. 1951)
October 20th Holidays in History
- » Christian Calendar of saints or feast days:
- » Acca of Hexham
- » Artemius
- » Caprasius of Agen
- » Irene of Tomar
- » October 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » Jomo Kenyatta called Kenyatta Day (Kenya, until 2010)
- » Revolution Day, one of the two Días Patrios (Guatemala) or Patriotic Days (Guatemala)
- » World Osteoporosis Day (International observances e.g international)