What Happened On 24th September 1873 In History
September 24th (1873) was a Wednesday. It's the 266th day of the year (267th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 99 days left to the end of the year.
Historical Events for 24th September, 1873
- » Establishment of "Satyashodhak Samaj", (Truth-seeker Movement) at Pune, Maharashtra, India by Mahatma Jyotirao Phule.
September 24th Holidays in History
- » Christian feast day:
- » Gerard Sagredo
- » Virgin of Mercy e.g Our Lady of Mercy and its related observances:
- » La Mercè (Barcelona)
- » Feast of Our Lady of Ransom known as Our Lady of Ransom
- » Our Lady of Walsingham (Church of England)
- » Pacificus of San Severino
- » Rupert of Salzburg
- » September 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- » Constitution Day (Cambodia)
- » Heritage Day (South Africa).
- » Independence Day, celebrates the independence of Guinea-Bissau from Portugal in 1973.
- » Mahidol Day (Thailand)
- » New Caledonia Day (New Caledonia)
- » Armed Forces Day (Peru)
- » Public holidays in Trinidad and Tobago called Republic Day (Trinidad and Tobago)
- » Start of the indiction year (Late Roman Empire; at least since the time of Bede)