What Happened On 28th August 1924 In History
August 28th (1924) was a Thursday. It's the 240th day of the year (241st in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 125 days left to the end of the year.
Historical Events for 28th August, 1924
- » The Georgian Soviet Socialist Republic known as Georgian opposition stages the August Uprising against the Soviet Union.
Famous Birthdays on August 28 in 1924
- » Janet Frame, New Zealand author and poet (d. 2004)
- » Tony MacGibbon, New Zealand cricketer and engineer (d. 2010)
- » Peggy Ryan, American actress and dancer (d. 2004)
- » Zalman Schachter-Shalomi, Ukrainian-American rabbi and author (d. 2014)
August 28th Holidays in History
- » Assumption of Mary (Eastern Orthodox Church, a public holiday in the Republic of Macedonia, Serbia, and Georgia (country) known as Georgia)
- » Christian Calendar of saints named Feast Day:
- » Augustine of Hippo
- » Saint Hermes
- » Moses the Black (Episcopal Church (USA), Lutheran Church)
Year 1924 historical events for the month of August