What Happened On 14th March 1984 In History
March 14th (1984) was a Wednesday. It's the 73rd day of the year (74th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 292 days left to the end of the year.
Historical Events for 14th March, 1984
- » Gerry Adams, head of Sinn Féin, is seriously wounded in an assassination attempt in central Belfast.
Famous Birthdays on March 14 in 1984
- » Aric Almirola, American race car driver
- » Liesel Pritzker Simmons, American actress
March 14th Famous Deaths for 1984
- » Hovhannes Shiraz, Armenian poet (b. 1915)
March 14th Holidays in History
- » Christian Feast Day:
- » Leobinus
- » Matilda of Ringelheim
- » Constitution Day (Andorra)
- » Earliest day on which Lazarus Saturday can fall, while April 17 is the latest; observed on the day before Palm Sunday. (Eastern Orthodox Church)
- » Estonian language State language called Mother Tongue Day (Estonia)
- » Nanakshahi calendar or Nanakshahi New Year, first day of the month of Chet (month) e.g Chet (Sikhism)
- » Pi Day, 'also see July 22--"Pi Approximation Day"'
- » Equirria e.g Second Equirria (Roman Empire)
- » Public holidays in Albania named Spring Day (Albania)
Year 1984 historical events for the month of March