What Happened On 29th May 1985 In History
May 29th (1985) was a Wednesday. It's the 149th day of the year (150th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 216 days left to the end of the year.
Historical Events for 29th May, 1985
- » Heysel Stadium disaster: Thirty-nine association football fans die and hundreds are injured when a dilapidated retaining wall collapses.
- » Amputation named Amputee Steve Fonyo completes Canada or cross-Canada marathon at Victoria, British Columbia, after 14 months.
Famous Birthdays on May 29 in 1985
- » Nathan Horton, Canadian ice hockey player
May 29th Holidays in History
- » Christian Calendar of saints or Feast Day:
- » Bona of Pisa
- » Maximin of Trier
- » Pope Alexander of Alexandria (Eastern Orthodox Church)
- » Theodosia of Constantinople (Eastern Orthodox Church)
- » May 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » Democracy Day (Nigeria)
- » Earliest day on which Feast of the Sacred Heart can fall, while July 2 is the latest; celebrated 19 days after Pentecost. (Catholic Church)
- » International Day of United Nations Peacekeepers (International observance or International)
- » Oak Apple Day (England)
Year 1985 historical events for the month of May