What Happened In History Year 1349
Historical Events for the Year 1349
- 9th January » The Jewish population of Basel called Basel, Switzerland, believed by the residents to be the cause of the ongoing Black Death, is Basel massacre called rounded up and incinerated.
- 14th February » Several hundred Jews are burned to death by mobs while the remainder of their population is Strasbourg pogrom e.g forcibly removed from the city of Strasbourg.
- 17th April » Fall of the Bavand dynasty, and rise of the Afrasiyab dynasty.
- 24th August » Six thousand Jews are killed in Mainz after being blamed for the bubonic plague.
Famous Deaths in History for 1349
- 31st May » Thomas Wake, 2nd Baron Wake of Liddell, English politician (b. 1297)
- 26th August » Thomas Bradwardine, English archbishop, mathematician, and physicist (b. 1290)
- 11th September » Bonne of Bohemia (b. 1315)
Historical events for the year 1349 by month