What Happened In History Year 1511
Historical Events for the Year 1511
- 19th January » Mirandola surrenders to the French.
- 15th August » Afonso de Albuquerque of Kingdom of Portugal called Portugal Capture of Malacca (1511) known as conquers Malacca, the capital of the Malacca Sultanate.
- 4th October » Formation of the War of the League of Cambrai e.g Holy League of Ferdinand II of Aragon, the Papal States and the Republic of Venice against France.
- 17th November » Spain and England ally against France.
Famous Birthdays in 1511
- 1st January » Henry, Duke of Cornwall (d. 1511)
- 18th June » Bartolomeo Ammannati, Italian architect and sculptor, designed the Ponte Santa Trinita (d. 1592)
- 9th July » Dorothea of Saxe-Lauenburg (d. 1571)
- 30th July » Giorgio Vasari, Italian painter, historian, and architect (d. 1574)
- 29th September » Michael Servetus, Spanish physician, cartographer, and theologian (d. 1553)
- 22nd October » Erasmus Reinhold, German astronomer and mathematician (d. 1553)
- 15th November » Johannes Secundus, Dutch poet (d. 1536)
Famous Deaths in History for 1511
- 9th January » Demetrios Chalkokondyles, Greek scholar and academic (b. 1423)
- 22nd February » Henry, Duke of Cornwall (b. 1511)
- 2nd August » Andrew Barton (privateer) named Andrew Barton, Scottish admiral (b. 1466)
- 6th September » Ashikaga Yoshizumi, Japanese shogun (b. 1481)
Historical events for the year 1511 by month