What Happened In History Year 1512
Historical Events for the Year 1512
- 11th April » War of the League of Cambrai: France French forces led by Gaston of Foix, Duke of Nemours Gaston de Foix win the Battle of Ravenna (1512) Battle of Ravenna.
- 10th August » The naval Battle of Saint-Mathieu, during the War of the League of Cambrai, sees the simultaneous destruction of the Breton ship 'La Cordelière' and the English ship 'The Regent'.
- 19th October » Martin Luther becomes a doctor of theology ('Doctor in Biblia').
- 21st October » Martin Luther joins the theological faculty of the University of Wittenberg.
- 1st November » The ceiling of the Sistine Chapel, painted by Michelangelo, is exhibited to the public for the first time.
- 27th December » The Spain called Spanish Crown issues the Laws of Burgos, governing the conduct of settlers with regard to Indigenous peoples of the Americas or native Indians in the New World.
Famous Birthdays in 1512
- 31st January » Henry, King of Portugal (d. 1580)
- 5th March » Gerardus Mercator, Flemish mathematician, cartographer, and philosopher (d. 1594)
- 10th April » James V of Scotland (d. 1542)
Famous Deaths in History for 1512
- 2nd January » Svante Nilsson (regent of Sweden) or Svante Nilsson, Sweden politician (b. 1460)
- 2nd February » Hatuey, Caribbean tribal chief
- 22nd February » Amerigo Vespucci, Italian cartographer and explorer (b. 1454)
- 21st May » Pandolfo Petrucci, Italian ruler (b. 1452)
- 26th May » Bayezid II, Ottoman sultan (b. 1447)
- 2nd August » Alessandro Achillini, Italian physician and philosopher (b. 1463)
Historical events for the year 1512 by month