What Happened In History Year 1635
Historical Events for the Year 1635
- 23rd April » The first public school in the United States, Boston Latin School, is founded in Boston.
- 28th June » Guadeloupe becomes a France or French colony.
- 18th September » Ferdinand II, Holy Roman Emperor called Holy Roman Emperor Ferdinand II of Austria declares war on France.
- 9th October » Founder of Rhode Island Roger Williams (theologian) known as Roger Williams is banished from the Massachusetts Bay Colony as a religious dissident after he speaks out against punishments for religious offenses and giving away Native Americans in the Unite
- 22nd November » Dutch Formosa Dutch colonial forces on Taiwan launch a Dutch pacification campaign on Formosa pacification campaign against Taiwanese aborigines native villages, resulting in Dutch control of the middle and south of the island.
Famous Birthdays in 1635
- 8th January » Luis Manuel Fernández de Portocarrero, Spanish archbishop (d. 1709)
- 13th January » Philipp Jakob Spener, German theologian (d. 1705)
- 1st February » Marquard Gude, German archaeologist and scholar (d. 1689)
- 18th February » Johan Göransson Gyllenstierna, Swedish politician (d. 1680)
- 6th May » Johann Joachim Becher (d. 1682)
- 3rd June » Philippe Quinault, French playwright (d. 1688)
- 28th July » Robert Hooke, English physicist and chemist (d. 1703)
- 24th August » Peder Griffenfeld, Danish politician (d. 1699)
- 22nd November » Francis Willughby, English ornithologist and ichthyologist (d. 1672)
- 24th December » Mariana of Austria (d. 1696)
- 28th December » Elizabeth Stuart (1635–1650) or Elizabeth Stuart, English daughter of Charles I of England (d. 1650)
Famous Deaths in History for 1635
- 27th March » Robert Naunton, English politician (b. 1563)
- 13th April » Fakhr-al-Din II, Druze prince (b. 1572)
- 7th August » Friedrich Spee, German poet (b. 1591)
- 27th August » Lope de Vega, Spanish poet and playwright (b. 1562)
- 6th September » Metius, Dutch mathematician and astronomer (b. 1571)
- 24th December » Hester Jonas, German midwife (b. 1570)
- 25th December » Samuel de Champlain, French soldier, geographer, and explorer (b. 1567)
Historical events for the year 1635 by month