What Happened In History Year 1784
Historical Events for the Year 1784
- 14th January » American Revolutionary War: Ratification Day (United States) Ratification Day, United States - Congress ratifies the Treaty of Paris (1783) Treaty of Paris with Kingdom of Great Britain Great Britain.
- 28th February » John Wesley charters the Methodism known as Methodist Church.
- 11th March » The signing of the Treaty of Mangalore brings the Second Anglo-Mysore War to an end.
- 22nd March » The Emerald Buddha is moved with great ceremony to its current location in Wat Phra Kaew, Thailand.
- 17th August » Classical composer Luigi Boccherini receives a pay rise of 12000 Spanish real named reals from his employer, the Infante Luis, Count of Chinchón.
- 23rd August » Western North Carolina (now eastern Tennessee) declares itself an independent state under the name of State of Franklin called Franklin; it is not accepted into the United States, and only lasts for four years.
- 22nd October » Russian Empire called Russia founds a colony on Kodiak Island, Alaska.
- 26th November » The Catholic Apostolic Prefecture of the United States established.
Famous Birthdays in 1784
- 28th January » George Hamilton-Gordon, 4th Earl of Aberdeen, Scottish politician, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom (d. 1860)
- 5th February » Nancy Lincoln, American mother of Abraham Lincoln (d. 1818)
- 27th March » Sándor Kőrösi Csoma, Hungarian philologist, orientalist, and author (d. 1842)
- 5th April » Louis Spohr, German violinist, composer, and conductor (d. 1859)
- 13th April » Friedrich Graf von Wrangel, Prussian field marshal (d. 1877)
- 24th April » Peter Vivian Daniel, American jurist (d. 1860)
- 29th April » Samuel Turell Armstrong, American politician, 14th Lieutenant Governor of Massachusetts (d. 1850)
- 24th June » Juan Antonio Lavalleja, Uruguayan politician (d. 1853)
- 22nd July » Friedrich Bessel, German mathematician and astronomer (d. 1846)
- 27th July » Denis Davydov, Russian general and poet (d. 1839)
- 14th October » Ferdinand VII of Spain (d. 1833)
- 15th October » Thomas Robert Bugeaud, French general and politician, List of rulers of Algeria before independence named Governor-General of Algeria (d. 1849)
- 19th October » James Henry Leigh Hunt, English poet and critic (d. 1859)
- 19th October » John McLoughlin, Canadian-American fur trader (d. 1857)
- 20th October » Henry John Temple, 3rd Viscount Palmerston, English politician, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom (d. 1865)
- 15th November » Jérôme Bonaparte, French husband of Catharina of Württemberg (d. 1860)
- 24th November » Zachary Taylor, American general and politician, 12th President of the United States (d. 1850)
- 7th December » Allan Cunningham (author) named Allan Cunningham, Scottish author and poet (d. 1842)
- 13th December » Archduke Louis of Austria (d. 1864)
- 14th December » Princess Maria Antonia of Naples and Sicily (d. 1806)
- 24th December » Grand Duchess Elena Pavlovna of Russia (d. 1803)
Famous Deaths in History for 1784
- 23rd April » Solomon I of Imereti (b. 1735)
- 26th April » Nano Nagle, Irish nun, founded the Presentation Sisters (b. 1718)
- 12th May » Abraham Trembley, Swiss zoologist (b. 1710)
- 6th June » Joan van der Capellen tot den Pol, Dutch politician (b. 1741)
- 13th June » Henry Middleton, American politician, 2nd President of the Continental Congress (b. 1717)
- 26th June » Caesar Rodney, American lawyer and politician, 4th Governor of Delaware (b. 1728)
- 1st July » Wilhelm Friedemann Bach, German composer (b. 1710)
- 8th July » Torbern Bergman, Swedish chemist and mineralogist (b. 1735)
- 31st July » Denis Diderot, French philosopher and critic (b. 1713)
- 10th August » Allan Ramsay (artist) known as Allan Ramsay, Scottish painter (b. 1713)
- 14th August » Nathaniel Hone the Elder, Irish-English painter (b. 1718)
- 28th August » Junípero Serra, Spanish-American priest and missionary (b. 1713)
- 4th September » César-François Cassini de Thury, French astronomer and cartographer (b. 1714)
- 8th September » Ann Lee, English-American religious leader (b. 1736)
- 5th December » Phillis Wheatley, Senegalese-American slave and poet (b. 1753)
- 13th December » Samuel Johnson, English poet and lexicographer (b. 1709)
- 25th December » Yosa Buson, Japanese poet and painter (b. 1716)
- 26th December » Seth Warner, American colonel (b. 1743)
Historical events for the year 1784 by month