What Happened In History Year 1804
Historical Events for the Year 1804
- 1st January » French rule ends in Haiti. Haiti becomes the first black republic and second independent country in North America after the United States
- 14th February » Karadjordje leads the First Serbian Uprising against the Ottoman Empire.
- 15th February » The Serbian revolution begins.
- 16th February » First Barbary War: Stephen Decatur leads a raid to burn the pirate-held frigate USS Philadelphia 1799 6.
- 21st February » The first self-propelling steam locomotive makes its outing at the Penydarren Ironworks called Pen-y-Darren Ironworks in Wales.
- 4th March » Castle Hill convict rebellion named Castle Hill Rebellion: Irish convicts rebel against British colonial authority in the Colony of New South Wales.
- 10th March » Louisiana Purchase: In St. Louis, Missouri, a formal ceremony is conducted to transfer ownership of the Louisiana Territory from France to the United States.
- 21st March » Napoleonic Code Code Napoléon is adopted as France French civil law (legal system) civil law.
- 5th April » High Possil Meteorite: The first recorded meteorite in Scotland falls in Possil.
- 25th April » The western Georgian kingdom of Imereti accepts the suzerainty of the Russian Empire
- 13th May » Forces sent by Yusuf Karamanli of Tripoli to Battle of Derne named retake Derna from the United States e.g Americans attack the city.
- 14th May » The Lewis and Clark Expedition departs from Camp Dubois and begins its historic journey by traveling up the Missouri River.
- 18th May » Napoleon named Napoleon Bonaparte is proclaimed Emperor of the French by the French Senate.
- 15th June » New Hampshire approves the Twelfth Amendment to the United States Constitution, ratifying the document.
- 11th July » Burr–Hamilton duel called A duel occurs in which the Vice President of the United States Aaron Burr mortally wounds former United States Secretary of the Treasury or Secretary of the Treasury Alexander Hamilton.
- 12th July » Former United States Secretary of the Treasury Alexander Hamilton dies a day after being shot in a Burr–Hamilton duel named duel.
- 11th August » Francis II, Holy Roman Emperor named Francis II assumes the title of first Emperor of Austria.
- 1st September » 3 Juno known as Juno, one of the four largest asteroids in the Main Belt, is discovered by the German astronomer Karl Ludwig Harding.
- 25th September » The Lakota people named Teton Sioux (a subdivision of the Lakota) demand one of the boats from the Lewis and Clark Expedition as a toll for allowing the expedition to move further upriver.
- 9th October » Hobart, capital of Tasmania, is founded.
- 30th November » The Democratic-Republican Party Democratic-Republican-controlled United States Senate begins an impeachment trial of Federalist Party (United States) Federalist Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States Supreme Court Justice Samuel Chase
- 2nd December » At Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, Coronation of Napoleon I or Napoleon Bonaparte crowns himself List of French monarchs or Emperor of the French, the first French Emperor in a thousand years.
Historical events for the year 1804 by month