What Happened In History Year 1805
Historical Events for the Year 1805
- 11th January » The Michigan Territory is created.
- 1st March » Justice Samuel Chase is acquitted at the end of his impeachment trial by the U.S. Senate.
- 17th March » The Italian Republic (Napoleonic) Italian Republic, with Napoleon I of France Napoleon as president, becomes the Kingdom of Italy (Napoleonic) Kingdom of Italy, with Napoleon as King.
- 7th April » Lewis and Clark Expedition: The Corps of Discovery breaks camp among the Mandan tribe and resumes its journey West along the Missouri River.
- 17th May » Muhammad Ali of Egypt or Muhammad Ali becomes Wāli of Egypt.
- 26th May » Napoleon or Napoléon Bonaparte assumes the title of King of Italy and is crowned with the Iron Crown of Lombardy in Milan Cathedral, the Gothic architecture called gothic cathedral in Milan.
- 31st May » French and Spanish forces begin the Battle of Diamond Rock or assault against British forces occupying Diamond Rock.
- 2nd June » Napoleonic Wars: A First French Empire Franco-Enlightenment in Spain Spanish fleet Battle of Diamond Rock recaptures Diamond Rock, an uninhabited island at the entrance to the bay leading to Fort-de-France, from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ire
- 10th June » First Barbary War: Yusuf Karamanli signs a treaty ending the hostilities between Tripolitania and the United States.
- 11th June » A History of Detroit 1805 fire known as fire consumes large portions of Detroit in the Michigan Territory.
- 13th June » Lewis and Clark Expedition: scouting ahead of the expedition, Meriwether Lewis and four companions sight the Great Falls of the Missouri River.
- 30th June » The Congress of the United States called U.S. Congress organizes the Michigan Territory.
- 22nd July » Napoleonic Wars: War of the Third Coalition Battle of Cape Finisterre (1805) e.g Battle of Cape Finisterre An inconclusive naval action is fought between a combined French and Spanish fleet under Admiral Pierre-Charles Villeneuve of Spain and a British fl
- 14th October » Battle of Elchingen, France defeats Austria.
- 19th October » Napoleonic Wars: Austrian Karl Freiherr Mack von Leiberich called General Mack surrenders his army to the Grand Army of Napoleon at the Battle of Ulm. 30,000 prisoners are captured and 10,000 casualties inflicted on the losers.
- 1st November » Napoleon I called Napoleon Bonaparte invades Austrian Empire e.g Austria during the War of the Third Coalition.
- 11th November » Napoleonic Wars: Battle of Dürenstein 8000 France e.g French troops attempt to slow the retreat of a vastly superior Russian and Austrian force.
- 16th November » Napoleonic Wars: Battle of Schöngrabern Russian forces under Pyotr Bagration delay the pursuit by French troops under Joachim Murat.
- 2nd December » Napoleonic Wars: Battle of Austerlitz French troops under Napoleon Bonaparte defeat a joint Imperial Russia e.g Russo-Austrian Empire called Austrian force.
- 26th December » Austria and France sign the Peace of Pressburg (1805) e.g Treaty of Pressburg.
Historical events for the year 1805 by month