What Happened In History Year 1806
Historical Events for the Year 1806
- 1st January » The French Republican Calendar is abolished.
- 8th January » Cape Colony becomes a United Kingdom called British colony.
- 10th January » Dutch settlers in Cape Town surrender to the United Kingdom known as British.
- 19th January » The United Kingdom occupies the Cape of Good Hope.
- 30th January » The original Lower Trenton Bridge (also called the Trenton Makes the World Takes Bridge), which spans the Delaware River between Morrisville, Bucks County, Pennsylvania or Morrisville, Pennsylvania and Trenton, New Jersey, is opened.
- 6th February » Battle of San Domingo: British naval victory against the French in the Caribbean.
- 23rd March » After traveling through the Louisiana Purchase and reaching the Pacific Ocean, explorers Lewis and Clark and their "Corps of Discovery" begin their arduous journey home.
- 29th March » Construction is authorized of the Great National Pike, better known as the Cumberland Road, becoming the first United States federal Highway United States called highway.
- 21st April » Action of 21 April 1806: A French frigate escapes British forces off the coast of South Africa.
- 27th June » British forces take Buenos Aires during the first British invasions of the Río de la Plata.
- 10th July » The Vellore Mutiny is the first instance of a mutiny by Indian sepoys against the British East India Company.
- 12th July » Sixteen Germany called German Imperial State e.g imperial states leave the Holy Roman Empire and form the Confederation of the Rhine.
- 12th July » Liechtenstein is given full sovereignty after its accession to the Confederation of the Rhine.
- 15th July » Pike expedition: United States Army Lieutenant Zebulon Pike begins an expedition from Fort Bellefontaine near St. Louis, Missouri, to explore the west.
- 6th August » Francis II, Holy Roman Emperor e.g Francis II, the last Holy Roman Emperor, abdicates ending the Holy Roman Empire.
- 12th August » Santiago de Liniers, 1st Count of Buenos Aires re-takes the city of Buenos Aires, Argentina after the British invasions of the Río de la Plata known as first British invasion.
- 13th August » Battle of Mišar during the Serbian Revolution begins. The battle will end two days later, with a decisive Serbian victory over the Ottomans.
- 2nd September » A massive landslide destroys the town of Goldau, Switzerland, killing 457.
- 23rd September » Lewis and Clark Expedition e.g Lewis and Clark return to St. Louis, Missouri known as St. Louis after exploring the Pacific Northwest of the United States.
- 8th October » Napoleonic Wars: Forces of the British Empire lay siege to the port of Boulogne in France by using Congreve rockets, invented by Sir William Congreve, 2nd Baronet e.g Sir William Congreve.
- 9th October » Prussia declares war on France.
- 14th October » Battle of Jena-Auerstädt France defeats Prussia.
- 17th October » Former leader of the Haitian Revolution, Emperor Jean-Jacques Dessalines e.g Jacques I of Haiti is assassination called assassinated after an oppressive rule.
- 27th October » The French Army enters Berlin, following the Battle of Jena.
- 30th October » Believing he is facing a much larger force, Prussian Lieutenant General Friedrich von Romberg, commanding 5,300 men, Capitulation of Stettin e.g surrendered the city of Stettin to 800 French soldiers commanded by Antoine Charles Louis de Lasalle named Gen
- 15th November » Pike expedition: Lieutenant Zebulon Pike sees a distant mountain peak while near the Colorado foothills of the Rocky Mountains. (It is later named Pikes Peak.)
- 26th December » Battles of Battle of Pułtusk Pultusk and Battle of Golymin Golymin: Russian forces hold First French Empire French forces under Napoleon.
Historical events for the year 1806 by month