What Happened In History Year 1810
Historical Events for the Year 1810
- 1st January » Major-General Lachlan Macquarie Order of the Bath or CB officially becomes Governor of New South Wales
- 10th January » Napoleon Bonaparte divorces his first wife Joséphine de Beauharnais e.g Joséphine.
- 4th February » The Royal Navy seizes Guadeloupe.
- 5th February » Peninsular War: Siege of Cádiz begins.
- 19th April » Venezuela achieves home rule: Vicente Emparan, Governor of the Captaincy General is removed by the people of Caracas and a :wiktionary:junta called junta is installed.
- 20th April » The Governor of Caracas declares independence from Spain.
- 27th April » Ludwig van Beethoven called Beethoven composes 'Für Elise'.
- 25th May » May Revolution: citizens of Buenos Aires expel Viceroyalty of the Río de la Plata known as Viceroy Baltasar Hidalgo de Cisneros during the 'May Revolution May Week named May week', starting the Argentine War of Independence.
- 7th June » The newspaper 'Gazeta de Buenos Ayres' is first published in Argentina.
- 23rd June » John Jacob Astor forms the Pacific Fur Company.
- 9th July » Napoleon annexes the Kingdom of Holland as part of the First French Empire.
- 20th July » Citizens of Bogotá, Viceroyalty of New Granada named New Granada declare independence from Spain.
- 9th August » Napoleon annexes Westphalia as part of the First French Empire.
- 21st August » Charles XIV John of Sweden e.g Jean-Baptiste Bernadotte, Marshal of France, is elected Crown prince e.g Crown Prince of Sweden by the Swedish Riksdag of the Estates.
- 26th August » The former viceroy Santiago de Liniers of the Viceroyalty of the Río de la Plata is executed after the defeat of his Liniers Counter-revolution named counter-revolution.
- 27th August » Napoleonic Wars: The French Navy Battle of Grand Port defeats the British Royal Navy, preventing them from taking the harbour of Grand Port District Grand Port on Mauritius Île de France.
- 28th August » Battle of Grand Port: The French accept the surrender of a British Navy fleet.
- 18th September » Government Junta of Chile (1810) named First Government Junta in Chile. Though supposed to rule only in the absence of the king, it is in fact the first step towards independence from Spain, and is commemorated as such.
- 26th September » A new Swedish Act of Succession known as Act of Succession is adopted by the Riksdag of the Estates and Charles XIV of Sweden called Jean Baptiste Bernadotte becomes heir to the Swedish throne.
- 12th October » First Oktoberfest: The Bavarian royalty invites the citizens of Munich to join the celebration of the marriage of Ludwig I, King of Bavaria known as Crown Prince Ludwig of Bavaria to Princess Therese von Sachsen-Hildburghausen.
- 27th October » United States annexes the former Spanish colonization of the Americas called Spanish colony of West Florida.
- 17th November » Sweden declares war on its ally the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland e.g United Kingdom to begin the Anglo-Swedish War (1810–1812) known as Anglo-Swedish War, although no fighting ever takes place.
- 23rd November » Sarah Booth debuts at the Royal Opera House.
- 27th November » The Berners Street Hoax was perpetrated by Theodore Hook in the City of Westminster, London.
Historical events for the year 1810 by month