What Happened In History Year 1815
Historical Events for the Year 1815
- 3rd January » Austria, the United Kingdom, and France form a secret defensive alliance against Prussia and Russia.
- 8th January » War of 1812: Battle of New Orleans Andrew Jackson leads United States or American forces in victory over the British.
- 13th January » War of 1812: British Empire called British troops capture Battle of Fort Peter or Fort Peter in St. Marys, Georgia, the only battle of the war to take place in the state.
- 15th January » War of 1812: American frigate USS President 1800 6, commanded by Commodore (rank) Commodore Stephen Decatur, is Capture of USS President captured by a squadron of four British frigates.
- 6th February » New Jersey grants the first American railroad charter to John Stevens (inventor) e.g John Stevens.
- 26th February » Napoleon I of France named Napoleon Bonaparte escapes from Elba.
- 1st March » Napoleon I of France or Napoleon returns to France from his banishment on Elba.
- 2nd March » Signing of the Kandyan Convention treaty by United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland named British invaders and the List of Sri Lankan monarchs or King of Sri Lanka.
- 16th March » William I of the Netherlands or Prince Willem proclaims himself King of the United Kingdom of the Netherlands, the first constitutional monarchy named constitutional monarch in the Netherlands.
- 20th March » After escaping from Elba, Napoleon I of France called Napoleon enters Paris with a regular army of 140,000 and a volunteer force of around 200,000, beginning his "Hundred Days" rule.
- 30th March » Joachim Murat issues the Rimini Proclamation which would later inspire Italian Unification.
- 23rd April » Second Serbian Uprising named The Second Serbian Uprising: A second phase of the national revolution of the Serbs against the Ottoman Empire, erupts shortly after the annexation of the country to the Ottoman Empire.
- 3rd May » Neapolitan War: Joachim Murat, King of Kingdom of Naples or Naples is defeated by the Austrians at the Battle of Tolentino, the decisive engagement of the war.
- 30th May » The East Indiaman 'Arniston (East Indiaman) or Arniston' is wrecked during a storm at Waenhuiskrans, near Cape Agulhas, in present-day South Africa, with the loss of 372 lives.
- 1st June » Napoleon I named Napoleon promulgates a revised Charter of 1815 called Constitution after it passes a plebiscite.
- 9th June » End of the Congress of Vienna: the new European political situation is set.
- 16th June » Battle of Ligny and Battle of Quatre Bras, two days before the Battle of Waterloo.
- 18th June » Napoleonic Wars: The Battle of Waterloo results in the defeat of Napoleon I of France called Napoleon Bonaparte by the Duke of Wellington and Gebhard Leberecht von Blücher forcing him to abdicate the throne of Kingdom of France The Napoleonic Era e.g Fran
- 9th July » Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Périgord becomes the first Prime Minister of France.
- 15th July » Napoleonic Wars: Napoleon Bonaparte surrenders aboard HMS Bellerophon 1786 6.
- 24th August » The modern Constitution of the Netherlands is signed.
- 15th October » Napoleon I of France begins his exile on Saint Helena in the Atlantic Ocean.
- 27th November » Adoption of Constitution of the Kingdom of Poland.
- 5th December » Foundation of Maceió, Brazil.
- 11th December » The United States Senate e.g U.S. Senate creates a select committee on finance and a uniform national currency, predecessor of the United States Senate Committee on Finance.
- 25th December » The Handel and Haydn Society, oldest continuously performing arts organization in the United States, gives its first performance.
Historical events for the year 1815 by month