What Happened In History Year 1825
Historical Events for the Year 1825
- 27th January » The U.S. Congress approves Indian Territory (in what is present-day Oklahoma), clearing the way for forced relocation of the Five Civilized Tribes called Eastern Indians on the "Trail of Tears".
- 3rd February » Vendsyssel-Thy, once part of the Jutland peninsula that formed westernmost Denmark, becomes an island after a flood drowns its 1 km wide isthmus.
- 4th February » The Ohio Legislature authorizes the construction of the Ohio and Erie Canal and the Miami and Erie Canal.
- 9th February » After no presidential candidate receives a majority of U.S. Electoral College or electoral votes in United States presidential election, 1824 or the election of 1824, the United States House of Representatives elects John Quincy Adams President of the Uni
- 12th February » The Muscogee people or Creek cede the last of their lands in Georgia to the United States government by the Treaty of Indian Springs, and migrate west.
- 2nd March » Roberto Cofresí, one of the last successful Caribbean pirates, is Action of 2 March 1825 known as defeated in combat and captured by authorities.
- 4th June » Gilbert du Motier, marquis de Lafayette General Lafayette, a French people French officer in the American Revolutionary War, speaks at what would become Lafayette Square, Buffalo, during his Visit of the Marquis de Lafayette to the United States visit to
- 11th June » The first cornerstone is laid for Fort Hamilton in New York City.
- 22nd June » The Parliament of the United Kingdom e.g British Parliament abolishes feudalism and the Seigneurial system of New France known as seigneurial system in British North America.
- 30th July » Malden Island is discovered by captain George Byron, 7th Baron Byron.
- 6th August » Bolivia gains independence from Spain.
- 25th August » Uruguay declares its independence from Brazil.
- 29th August » Kingdom of Portugal recognizes the Independence of Brazil.
- 26th October » The Erie Canal opens passage from Albany, New York to Lake Erie.
- 26th November » At Union College in Schenectady, New York, a group of college students form the Kappa Alpha Society, the first college social Fraternities and sororities named fraternity.
- 26th December » Advocates of liberalism in Russia rise up against Nicholas I of Russia called Czar Nicholas I and are put down in the Decembrist revolt in Saint Petersburg.
- 30th December » The Treaty of St. Louis 1825 - Shawnee e.g Treaty of St. Louis (1825) between the United States and the Shawnee Nation is proclaimed.
Historical events for the year 1825 by month