What Happened In History Year 1831
Historical Events for the Year 1831
- 14th February » Ras Marye of Yejju marches into Tigray Province e.g Tigray and defeats and kills Dejazmach Sabagadis in the Battle of Debre Abbay.
- 24th February » The Treaty of Dancing Rabbit Creek, the first removal treaty in accordance with the Indian Removal Act, is proclaimed. The Choctaws in Mississippi cede land east of the river in exchange for payment and land in the West.
- 25th February » Battle of Olszynka Grochowska, part of Polish November Uprising against Russian Empire.
- 10th March » The French Foreign Legion is established by King Louis Philippe I named Louis Philippe to support his French Algeria named war in Algeria.
- 29th March » Great Bosnian uprising: Bošnjani e.g Bosniaks rebel against Turkey.
- 7th April » D. Pedro I, Emperor of Brazil, resigns. He goes to his native Portugal to become King D. Pedro IV.
- 12th April » Soldiers marching on the Broughton Suspension Bridge in Manchester, England cause it to collapse.
- 18th April » The University of Alabama is founded.
- 1st June » James Clark Ross discovers the Magnetic North Pole.
- 21st July » Inauguration of Leopold I of Belgium, first king of the Belgium e.g Belgians.
- 1st August » A new London Bridge opens.
- 13th August » Nat Turner sees a solar eclipse, which he believes is a sign from God in Christianity called God. Eight days later he and 70 other slaves kill approximately 55 whites in Southampton County, Virginia.
- 21st August » Nat Turner leads black slaves and free blacks in a rebellion.
- 29th August » Michael Faraday discovers electromagnetic induction.
- 1st September » The high honor of 'Order of St. Gregory the Great' is established by Pope Gregory XVI of the Vatican State to recognize high support for the Vatican or for the Pope, by a man or a woman, and not necessarily a Roman Catholic.
- 8th September » William IV of the United Kingdom William IV and Adelaide of Saxe-Meiningen are crowned List of British monarchs King and List of British consorts Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.
- 8th September » November Uprising: Battle of Warsaw (1831) called Battle of Warsaw ends, effectively ending the Insurrection.
- 15th September » The locomotive 'John Bull (locomotive) e.g John Bull' operates for the first time in New Jersey on the Camden and Amboy Railroad.
- 9th October » Ioannis Kapodistrias, the first head of state of independent Greece is assassination e.g assassinated.
- 5th November » Nat Turner, American slave leader, is tried, convicted, and sentenced to death in Virginia.
- 11th November » In Jerusalem, Virginia, Nat Turner is hanged after inciting a violent slave uprising.
- 17th November » Ecuador and Venezuela are separated from Gran Colombia.
- 5th December » Former U.S. President John Quincy Adams takes his seat in the United States House of Representatives e.g House of Representatives.
- 27th December » Charles Darwin embarks on Second voyage of HMS Beagle e.g his journey aboard the HMS Beagle named HMS 'Beagle', during which he will begin to formulate the theory of evolution.
- 31st December » Gramercy Park is deeded to New York City or New York, New York.
Historical events for the year 1831 by month