What Happened In History Year 1832
Historical Events for the Year 1832
- 12th February » Ecuador annexes the Galápagos Islands.
- 24th March » In Hiram, Ohio, a group of men beat and tar and feather Mormon leader Joseph Smith.
- 8th April » Black Hawk War: Around three-hundred United States 6th Infantry troops leave St. Louis, Missouri to fight the Sauk people called Sauk Native Americans in the United States or Native Americans.
- 29th April » Évariste Galois is released from prison.
- 7th May » The independence of Greece is recognized by the Treaty of London, 1832 Treaty of London. Otto of Greece Otto of Wittelsbach, Prince of Bavaria is chosen List of Kings of Greece King.
- 24th May » The First Kingdom of Greece is declared in the London Conference of 1832 named London Conference.
- 30th May » End of the Hambach Festival in Rhineland-Palatinate, German Confederation named Germany.
- 30th May » The Rideau Canal in eastern Ontario is opened.
- 5th June » The June Rebellion breaks out in Paris in an attempt to overthrow the monarchy of Louis Philippe.
- 6th June » The June Rebellion in Paris is put down by the National Guard.
- 7th June » Second cholera pandemic e.g Asian cholera reaches Quebec, brought by Irish Canadian e.g Irish immigrants, and kills about 6,000 people in Lower Canada.
- 10th July » The President of the United States named U.S. President Andrew Jackson vetoes a bill that would re-charter the Second Bank of the United States.
- 19th July » The British Medical Association is founded as the Provincial Medical and Surgical Association by Sir Charles Hastings (English physician) called Charles Hastings at a meeting in the Board Room of the Worcester Infirmary.
- 27th August » Black Hawk (Sauk leader) known as Black Hawk, leader of the Sauk people named Sauk tribe of Native Americans, surrenders to U.S. authorities, ending the Black Hawk War.
- 1st October » Texian political delegates Convention of 1832 called convened at San Felipe de Austin to petition for changes in the governance of Mexican Texas.
- 20th December » HMS Clio (1807) called HMS 'Clio' under the command of Captain Onslow arrives at Port Egmont under orders to Reassertion of British sovereignty over the Falkland Islands (1833) called take possession of the Falkland Islands
- 21st December » Egyptian–Ottoman War (1831–1833) called Egyptian–Ottoman War: Egyptian forces decisively defeat Ottoman Empire named Ottoman troops at the Battle of Konya.
- 28th December » John C. Calhoun becomes the first Vice President of the United States to resign.
Historical events for the year 1832 by month