What Happened In History Year 1836
Historical Events for the Year 1836
- 23rd February » Texas Revolution: The Battle of the Alamo begins in San Antonio, Texas.
- 25th February » Samuel Colt is granted a United States patent for the Colt Firearms named Colt revolver.
- 1st March » A Convention of 1836 or convention of delegates from 57 Texas communities convenes in Washington-on-the-Brazos, Texas, to deliberate independence from Mexico.
- 2nd March » Texas Revolution: Texas Declaration of Independence known as Declaration of independence of the Republic of Texas from Mexico.
- 3rd March » Texans celebrate the first Texas Independence Day with the signing of the Texas Declaration of Independence, officially broke Texas from Mexico, and creating the Republic of Texas.
- 5th March » Samuel Colt patents the first production-model revolver, the .34-caliber.
- 6th March » Texas Revolution: Battle of the Alamo After a thirteen day siege by an army of 3,000 Mexican troops, the 187 Texas volunteers, including frontiersman Davy Crockett and colonel Jim Bowie, defending the Alamo Mission in San Antonio named Alamo are killed an
- 27th March » Texas Revolution: Goliad massacre On the orders of General Antonio López de Santa Anna, the Mexican army Goliad massacre called butchers 342 Texas POWs at Goliad, Texas.
- 20th April » Congress of the United States known as U.S. Congress passes an act creating the Wisconsin Territory.
- 21st April » Texas Revolution: The Battle of San Jacinto: Republic of Texas forces under Sam Houston defeat troops under Mexico named Mexican General Antonio López de Santa Anna.
- 22nd April » Texas Revolution: A day after the Battle of San Jacinto, forces under Republic of Texas or Texas General Sam Houston identify Mexican General Antonio López de Santa Anna among the captives of the battle when one of his fellow captives mistakenly gives awa
- 4th May » Formation of Ancient Order of Hibernians
- 14th May » The Treaties of Velasco are signed in Velasco, Texas.
- 15th June » Arkansas is admitted as the 25th U.S. state.
- 29th July » Inauguration of the Arc de Triomphe in Paris, France.
- 30th August » The city of Houston is founded by Augustus Chapman Allen and John Kirby Allen
- 1st September » Narcissa Whitman, one of the first English-speaking white women to settle west of the Rocky Mountains, arrives at Walla Walla, Washington.
- 5th September » Sam Houston is elected as the first president of the Republic of Texas.
- 22nd October » Sam Houston is inaugurated as the first President of the Republic of Texas.
- 14th December » The Toledo War unofficially ends.
- 27th December » The worst ever Lewes avalanche named avalanche in England occurs at Lewes, Sussex, killing 8 people.
- 28th December » South Australia and Adelaide are founded.
- 28th December » Spain recognizes the independence of Mexico.
Historical events for the year 1836 by month