Day of Week Monday in other languages
- If you are interested in languages then this day of the week Monday is called:
Dies Lunae in Latin, Montag in German, Lundi in French, Lunedi in Italian, Lunes in Spanish
Zodiac Sign ♈ Aries Born on this Date
- People born in the year 1917 on the 9th April have the zodiac sign Aries.
Aries is the first astrological sign in the Zodiac. The symbol of the ram is based on the Chrysomallus, the flying ram that provided the Golden Fleece.
Having impressive leadership qualities Aries tend to have burning desires to get started off and make things happen. Aries traits are adventurous, energetic, pioneering, courageous, enthusiastic, confident, dynamic and quick-witted. Leaving very strong impressions on others that they are exciting, vibrant and talkative.
Aries love adventure in their lives and being the center of attention is a must. One reason for this could be their natural confidence and ablity for leadership. Aries are enthusiastic and impulsive. Their motto is act first and think later. This impulsiveness can lead to regret in the future.
Aries are loyal mates. When Aries falls in love, they will straight away go and express it to the one with whom they are in love without giving it a much thought. They can make good athletes and climbers, doctors, explorers, soldiers, sailors and airmen, and leaders, though awkward subordinates, in industry and politics.
Historical Events for 9th April, 1917
- » World War I: The Battle of Arras (1917) e.g Battle of Arras the battle begins with Canadian Corps executing a massive assault on Vimy Ridge.
Famous Birthdays on April 9 in 1917
- » Johannes Bobrowski, German songwriter and poet (d. 1965)
- » Ron Burgess (footballer) called Ronnie Burgess, Welsh footballer (d. 2005)
- » Brad Dexter, American actor (d. 2002)
April 9th Famous Deaths for 1917
- » James Hope Moulton, English philogist and scholar (b. 1863)
April 9th Holidays in History
- » Bataan Day or 'Araw ng Kagitingan' (Philippines)
- » Christian Feast Day:
- » Dietrich Bonhoeffer (Anglicanism, Lutheranism)
- » Saint Gaucherius named Gaucherius
- » Saint Materiana known as Materiana
- » Waltrude
- » April 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » Public holidays in Kosovo known as Constitution Day (Kosovo)
- » Public holidays in Georgia called Day of National Unity (Georgia (country) known as Georgia)
- » Mikael Agricola Agricola as a rector and an ordinarius named Day of the Finnish Language (Finland)
- » Public holidays in Denmark known as Occupation of Denmark (Denmark)
- » Vimy Ridge Day, commemorating the Battle of Vimy Ridge. (Canada)
If you were born on this day of the week in the year 1917 then you would be 101 years old today. If you decided to start collecting one dollar every day at the age 10 then you would have accumulated $33215 today.