What Happened On 17th September 1901 In History
September 17th (1901) was a Tuesday. It's the 259th day of the year (260th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 106 days left to the end of the year.
Historical Events for 17th September, 1901
- » The Battle of Blood River Poort is fought.
- » The Battle of Elands River (1901) called Battle of Elands River is fought.
Famous Birthdays on September 17 in 1901
- » Francis Chichester, English pilot and sailor (d. 1972)
September 17th Holidays in History
- » Christian feast day:
- » Albert Avogadro
- » Ariadne of Phrygia
- » Hildegard of Bingen
- » Lambert of Maastricht named Lambert
- » Robert Bellarmine
- » Satyrus of Milan
- » Socrates and Stephen
- » September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » Constitution Day (United States) named Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls Saturday, the following Monday if on a Sunday), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day. (United States)
- » Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day. (Netherlands)