What Happened On 21st December 1910 In History
December 21st (1910) was a Wednesday. It's the 355th day of the year (356th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 10 days left to the end of the year.
Historical Events for 21st December, 1910
- » Pretoria Pit Disaster e.g An underground explosion at the Hulton Colliery Company known as Hulton Bank Colliery No. 3 Pit in Over Hulton, Westhoughton, England, kills 344 miners.
December 21st Holidays in History
- » Christian Calendar of saints or Feast Day:
- » O antiphon e.g O Oriens
- » Peter Canisius e.g Petrus Canisius
- » Thomas the Apostle (Anglicanism)
- » December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » Divalia, in honour of Angerona (Roman Empire)
- » Earliest date for the winter solstice in the Northern Hemisphere and the summer solstice in the Southern Hemisphere, and its related observances:
- » Earliest date for Yule in the Northern Hemisphere, and Midsummer in the Southern Hemisphere. (Contemporary Paganism known as Neopagan Wheel of the Year)
- » Sangamitta named Sanghamitta Day (Theravada named Theravada Buddhism)
- » Ziemassvētki (ancient Latvia)
- » Public holidays in São Tomé and Príncipe called São Tomé Day (São Tomé and Príncipe)