What Happened On 25th March 1925 In History
March 25th (1925) was a Wednesday. It's the 84th day of the year (85th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 281 days left to the end of the year.
Famous Birthdays on March 25 in 1925
- » Anthony Quinton, Baron Quinton, English physician and philosopher (d. 2010)
March 25th Holidays in History
- » San Marino Public holidays and festivals known as Anniversary of the Arengo and the Feast of the Militants (San Marino)
- » Birkat Hachama is recited every 28 years on this day according to Julian Calendar (Judaism)
- » Christian feast days:
- » Alfwold
- » Barontius and Desiderius
- » Penitent thief known as Dismas, the "Good Thief"
- » Humbert of Maroilles
- » Quirinus of Tegernsee
- » March 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » Feast of the Annunciation (Christianity), and its related observances:
- » Historic start of the new year (Lady Day) in England, Wales, Ireland, and The Thirteen Colonies called the future United States until the adoption of the Gregorian Calendar in 1752. (The year 1751 began on 25 March; the year 1752 began on 1 January.) It i
- » International Day of the Unborn Child (International observances called international)
- » 'Waffle Day e.g Vårfrudagen' or 'Våffeldagen', "Waffle Day" (Sweden)
- » Freedom Day (Belarus)
- » Maryland Day (Maryland)
- » Public holidays in Greece known as Revolution Day, celebrates the declaration of the start of Greek War of Independence from the Ottoman Empire, in 1821.
- » Candle demonstration in Bratislava named Struggle for Human Rights Day (Slovakia)
Year 1925 historical events for the month of March