What Happened On 5th January 1949 In History
January 5th (1949) was a Wednesday. It's the 4th day of the year (5th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 361 days left to the end of the year.
Historical Events for 5th January, 1949
- » President of the United States named United States President Harry S. Truman unveils his Fair Deal program.
January 5th Holidays in History
- » Christian Calendar of saints called Feast Day:
- » John Neumann (Catholic Church)
- » Pope Telesphorus
- » Simeon Stylites (Latin Church)
- » January 5 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » The Twelfth Twelve Days of Christmas or day of Christmas and the Twelfth Night (holiday) or Twelfth Night of Christmas. (Western Christianity)