What Happened On 22nd September 1978 In History
September 22nd (1978) was a Friday. It's the 264th day of the year (265th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 101 days left to the end of the year.
Famous Birthdays on September 22 in 1978
- » Ed Joyce, Irish cricketer
- » Harry Kewell, Australian footballer
September 22nd Holidays in History
- » Car-Free Days named Car-Free Day (Europe and Montreal, Canada)
- » Christian Calendar of saints or feast day:
- » Saint Candidus e.g Candidus
- » Digna and Emerita
- » Emmeram of Regensburg
- » Saint Maurice called Maurice (Western Church)
- » Saint Phocas called Phocas
- » Sadalberga
- » Theban Legion
- » Thomas of Villanova
- » Philander Chase (Episcopal Church (USA))
- » September 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » Earliest date for the autumnal equinox in the Northern Hemisphere and the vernal equinox in the Southern Hemisphere:
- » Autumnal Equinox Day (Japan)
- » French Republican Calendar e.g French Republican New Year, the first day ("Grape") in the Vendémiaire named Month of Vendémiaire. (French Revolution)
- » Harvest festival, celebrated on Harvest moon, the full moon nearest to the autumnal equinox. (Britain)
- » Mabon (Wicca) called Mabon in the Northern Hemisphere, Ostara in the Southern Hemisphere. (Neopagan Wheel of the Year)
- » The first day of Miķeļi (ancient Latvia)
- » Hobbit Day, the containing week is celebrated as Tolkien Week. (Tolkien fandom or American Tolkien Society)
- » Independence Day, celebrates the independence of Bulgaria from the Ottoman Empire in 1908.
- » Independence Day, celebrates the independence of Mali from France in 1960.
- » OneWebDay, an annual day of Internet celebration and awareness, started in 2006.