What Happened On 31st August 1999 In History
August 31st (1999) was a Tuesday. It's the 243rd day of the year (244th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 122 days left to the end of the year.
Historical Events for 31st August, 1999
- » The first of a series of Russian Apartment Bombings called bombings in Moscow kills one person and wounds 40 others.
- » A Líneas Aéreas Privadas Argentinas LAPA Boeing 737-200 LAPA Flight 3142 crashes during takeoff from Aeroparque Jorge Newbery Jorge Newbury Airport in Buenos Aires, killing 65, including two on the ground.
August 31st Holidays in History
- » Christian Feast Day:
- » Aidan of Lindisfarne
- » Raymond Nonnatus
- » August 31 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- » Public holidays in Poland called Day of Solidarity and Freedom (Poland)
- » Public holidays in Moldova e.g National Language Day or 'Limba Noastră' (Moldova)
- » Independence Day, celebrates the independence of Kyrgyzstan from the Soviet Union in 1991
- » Hari Merdeka known as Independence Day, celebrates the independence of Federation of Malaya known as Malaya from the United Kingdom in 1957.
Year 1999 historical events for the month of August