Zodiac Signs May 1869 Birthstone
May Birthstones Astrology
- The May Birthstone is the Emerald which is emblematic of love and success. The emerald used to be one of Cleopatra's favorite gems. Emerald is called the traditional birthstone of May. It has long been associated with fertility, rebirth, and love. Ancient Romans went so far as to dedicate this stone to Venus, the goddess of love and beauty. Today, it is thought that emeralds signify wisdom, growth, and patience. Chrysoprase is considered the secondary birthstone for the month of May.
May Zodiac Signs
- Month of May Zodiac Signs are Taurus(until May 20) and Gemini(May 21 onwards).
- Taurus (April 20 - May 19) The Taurus has great strength in physical and mental capacities. Maybe this is why stubbornness or being a stuborn bull is often associated with this star sign. Work wise being able to teac to others is one of their strengths, at least on some level due to the fact that they are sympathetic and loving.
Taurus is compatible with: Libra, Taurus, Cancer, Capricorn, Virgo and Pisces.
- Gemini (May 20 - June 20) Geminis tend to be very unpredictable. Be always ready for a surprise from them. Being creative and open can result in Geminis changing their behaviour rather frequently. People born under this star sign are very adaptable to new situations or life changes. Add to this the positive nature towards life that Gemini possess.
Gemini are compatible with: other Gemini, Leo, Libra and Aquarius.
May Birth Flowers
- Month of May is associated with the Lily of the valley flower. It is generally white in colour. The birth flower Lily conveys sweetness and humility. In the Victorian era, it was gifted to convey the romantic message: you have made my life complete. The other May flower is the hawthorn plant, which represents hope and supreme happiness. Hawthorne signifies that you want only the best for the recipient.
- Humility, Chastity and Sweetness. Sweetly scented and rare May Birth Flower Lily also signifies a return to happiness.
Historical Events for May, 1869
- 1st » The Folies Bergère opens in Paris.
- 4th » The Naval Battle of Hakodate Bay is fought in Japan.
- 10th » The First Transcontinental Railroad, linking the eastern and western United States, is completed at Promontory Summit, Utah (not Promontory Point, Utah) with the golden spike.
- 17th » Imperial Empire of Japan known as Japanese forces defeat the remnants of the Tokugawa shogunate in the Battle of Hakodate to end the Boshin War.
- 26th » Boston University is chartered by the Massachusetts known as Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Famous Birthdays on May in 1869
- 5th » Fabián de la Rosa, Filipino painter (d. 1937)
- 5th » Hans Pfitzner, German composer and conductor (d. 1949)
- 11th » Archibald Warden, English tennis player (d. 1943)
- 12th » Carl Schuhmann, German gymnast (d. 1946)
- 14th » Arthur Rostron, English captain (d. 1940)
- 15th » Paul Probst, Swiss target shooter (d. 1945)
Year 1869 Chinese Zodiac Signs and Astrology. Month of May Star Signs.
Year 1869 Zodiac Signs and Birthstones by month