Zodiac Signs April 1944 Birthstone
April Birthstones Astrology
- The April Birthstone is the Diamond. Diamonds are associated with desire and connection. Symbolizing everlasting love diamonds were once thought to bring courage. Diamond is called the traditional birthstone of April. Crystal quartz is considered the secondary birthstone for April.
April Zodiac Signs
- Month of April Zodiac Signs are Aries(until April 20) and Taurus(April 21 onwards).
- Aries (March 21 - April 19) Aries have an amazing inner drive and don't shy away from hard work if that is what it takes to get what they want. Having a great deal of drive and ambition is their trademark. Being very social and having a great sence of humor by nature makes it easy for Aroies to blend in anywhere. Creative with a very strong will. These individuals don't like to share their emotions or feelings with others. But this can change once you get to know them better.
Aries are compatible with: Gemini, Sagittarius, Aquarius, Capricorn and Pisces.
- Taurus (April 20 - May 19) The Taurus has great strength in physical and mental capacities. Maybe this is why stubbornness or being a stuborn bull is often associated with this star sign. Work wise being able to teac to others is one of their strengths, at least on some level due to the fact that they are sympathetic and loving.
Taurus is compatible with: Libra, Taurus, Cancer, Capricorn, Virgo and Pisces.
April Birth Flowers
- Month of April is associated with Sweet Pea(also withDaisy) flower which bloom in a wide range of soft colors as well as two tone colours. It is said to symbolise pleasure or good-bye. In the Victorian era, these birth flowers formed a part of the bouquet which was sent to someone to convey gratefulness. It is also a flower given between friends to keep a secret.
- Love, youth and purity. April Birth Flower Daisy conveys innocence and there are five common types.
Historical Events for April, 1944
- 1st » Navigation errors lead to an accidental United States known as American bombing of the Switzerland known as Swiss city of Schaffhausen.
- 4th » World War II: Bombing of Bucharest in World War II known as First bombardment of oil refineries in Bucharest by Anglo-American forces kills 3000 civilians.
- 5th » World War II: 270 inhabitants of the Greek town of Kleisoura, Kastoria named Kleisoura are executed by the Nazi Germany named Germans.
- 10th » Rudolf Vrba and Alfréd Wetzler escape from the Auschwitz concentration camp or Birkenau death camp.
- 13th » Diplomatic relations between New Zealand and the Soviet Union are established.
- 14th » Bombay Explosion (1944) known as Bombay Explosion: A massive explosion in Bombay harbor kills 300 and causes economic damage valued then at 20 million pounds.
- 16th » World War II: Allied forces start bombing Belgrade, killing about 1,100 people. This bombing fell on the Orthodox Christian Easter.
- 22nd » The 1st Air Commando Group using Sikorsky R-4 helicopters stage the first use of helicopters in military helicopter named combat with combat search and rescue operations in the China Burma India Theater e.g China-Burma-India theater.
- 22nd » World War II: Operation Persecution is initiated Allies of World War II called Allied forces land in the Jayapura called Hollandia (currently known as Jayapura) area of New Guinea.
- 25th » The United Negro College Fund is incorporated.
- 26th » Georgios Papandreou becomes head of the Greek government-in-exile based in Egypt.
- 26th » Heinrich Kreipe is captured by Allied commandos in Axis occupation of Greece called occupied Crete.
- 28th » World War II: Nine German E-boats attacked US and UK units during Exercise Tiger, the rehearsal for the Normandy landings, killing 946.
Famous Birthdays on April in 1944
- 1st » Rusty Staub, American baseball player and coach
- 2nd » Bill Malinchak, American football player
- 3rd » Tony Orlando, American singer and actor (Tony Orlando and Dawn)
- 4th » Magda Aelvoet, Belgian politician
- 4th » Mary Kenny, Irish journalist, author, and playwright
- 4th » Craig T. Nelson, American actor
- 5th » Peter T. King, American soldier, lawyer, and politician
- 5th » Pedro Rosselló, Puerto Rican physician and politician, 7th Governor of Puerto Rico
- 6th » Anita Pallenberg, Italian-English model, actress, and fashion designer
- 6th » Felicity Palmer, English soprano and educator
- 7th » Julia Phillips, American film producer and author (d. 2002)
- 7th » Gerhard Schröder, German politician, 7th List of Chancellors of Germany named Chancellor of Germany
- 7th » Bill Stoneman, American baseball player and manager
- 8th » Hywel Bennett, Welsh actor
- 8th » Odd Nerdrum, Norwegian painter
- 8th » Deke Richards, American songwriter and producer (d. 2013)
- 8th » Joey D. Vieira, American actor
- 9th » Joe Brinkman, American baseball player and umpire
- 10th » Mike Carrell, American politician (d. 2013)
- 11th » Peter Barfuß, German footballer
- 11th » John Milius, American director, producer, and screenwriter
- 12th » Georgios Balanos, Greek author
- 12th » Lisa Jardine, English historian, author, and academic
- 12th » John Kay (musician) John Kay, German-Canadian singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer (The Sparrows (band) The Sparrows and Steppenwolf (band) Steppenwolf)
- 13th » Charles Burnett (director) called Charles Burnett, American actor, director, producer, and screenwriter
- 13th » Jack Casady, American bass player (Jefferson Airplane, Hot Tuna, and Jefferson Starship)
- 13th » Susan Davis (politician) known as Susan Davis, American politician
- 14th » John Sergeant (journalist) called John Sergeant, English journalist
- 15th » Dzhokhar Dudayev, Russian-Chechen general and politician, 1st President of the Chechen Republic of Ichkeria (d. 1996)
- 15th » Dave Edmunds, Welsh singer, guitarist, and producer (Love Sculpture and Rockpile)
- 16th » Sue Clifford, English environmentalist and academic, co-founded Common Ground (United Kingdom) named Common Ground
- 18th » Robert Hanssen, American FBI agent and spy
- 18th » Philip Jackson (sculptor) e.g Philip Jackson, Scottish sculptor
- 19th » Keith Erickson, American basketball player and sportscaster
- 19th » James Heckman, American economist, Nobel Prize in Economics called Nobel Prize laureate
- 20th » Toivo Aare, Estonian journalist (d. 1999)
- 21st » Paul Geremia, American singer-songwriter and guitarist
- 21st » Adrian Hurley, Australian basketball player and coach
- 22nd » Steve Fossett, American businessman, pilot, and sailor (d. 2007)
- 22nd » Doug Jarrett, Canadian ice hockey player (d. 2014)
- 22nd » Joshua Rifkin, American conductor and musicologist
- 23rd » Jean-François Stévenin, French actor
- 24th » Peter Cresswell (judge) known as Peter Cresswell, English judge
- 24th » St. Clair Lee, American singer (The Hues Corporation) (d. 2011)
- 24th » Maarja Nummert, Estonian architect
- 24th » Tony Visconti, American singer and producer
- 25th » Len Goodman, English dancer
- 25th » Stephen Nickell, English economist and academic
- 26th » Richard Bradshaw (conductor) e.g Richard Bradshaw, English conductor (d. 2007)
- 26th » Roger Coulam, English keyboard player (Blue Mink)
- 26th » Amien Rais, Indonesian politician
- 27th » Stoker Cavendish, 12th Duke of Devonshire, English academic and politician
- 27th » Michael Fish, English meteorologist
- 27th » Cuba Gooding, Sr., American singer and actor (The Main Ingredient (band) known as The Main Ingredient)
- 27th » Herb Pedersen, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Desert Rose Band)
- 28th » Elizabeth LeCompte, American director and producer
- 28th » Jean-Claude Van Cauwenberghe, Belgian politician, 10th Minister-President of the Walloon Region
- 28th » Alice Waters, American chef and author
- 29th » Princess Benedikte of Denmark
- 29th » Richard Kline, American actor and director
- 29th » Francis Lee, English footballer
- 30th » Jon Bing, Norwegian author, scholar, and academic (d. 2014)
- 30th » Jill Clayburgh, American actress (d. 2010)
- 30th » Graham Upton, English academic
Famous Deaths for April 1944
- 7th » Johann Gruber, Austrian Roman Catholic priest known as the "Saint of Gusen", murdered at Mauthausen-Gusen Concentration Camp (b. 1889)
- 9th » Yevgeniya Rudneva, Ukrainian lieutenant and pilot (b. 1920)
- 13th » Cécile Chaminade, French pianist and composer (b. 1857)
- 15th » Nikolai Fyodorovich Vatutin, Russian general (b. 1901)
- 17th » J. T. Hearne, English cricketer and coach (b. 1867)
- 17th » Dimitrios Psarros, Greek lieutenant, founded the National and Social Liberation (b. 1893)
- 20th » Elmer Gedeon, American baseball player and pilot (b. 1917)
- 22nd » Nikolaos Roussen, Greek captain (b. 1913)
- 24th » Charles Jordan (magician) known as Charles Jordan, American magician (b. 1888)
- 25th » George Herriman, American cartoonist (b. 1880)
- 25th » Tony Mullane, Irish-American baseball player (b. 1859)
- 25th » William Stephens, American politician, 24th Governor of California (b. 1859)
- 26th » Violette Morris, French footballer, shot putter, and discus thrower (b. 1893)
- 28th » Mohammed Alim Khan, Manghud ruler (b. 1880)
- 28th » Frank Knox, American journalist and politician, 46th United States Secretary of the Navy (b. 1874)
- 29th » Bernardino Machado, Portuguese politician, 8th President of Portugal (b. 1851)
Year 1944 Chinese Zodiac Signs and Astrology. Month of April Star Signs.
Year 1944 Zodiac Signs and Birthstones by month